Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > 3D Flying!
Reload this Page >

Edge 540 T profile (Extreme Flight)

Community
Search
Notices
3D Flying! Our 3D flying forum is the ultimate resource for 3D flyers. Also discuss the latest in "4D" flying!

Edge 540 T profile (Extreme Flight)

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2004, 08:25 PM
1fish
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Edge 540 T profile (Extreme Flight)

A while ago I asked for a recommendation on a 40 size 3D plane to use with my 63 YS, a few different suggestions were made but I went with the Edge 540T profile, boy am I happy what a great plane, so fun to fly, the YS63 is plenty of power, and then some! The plane can fly very very slowly in a high alpha attitude with lots of control it knife edges like a dream, knife edge circle is as simple as rolling it over and holding the elevator up or down! The flat spin is perfectly flat, it doesn't loose altitude at all it just sits there and chases its tail in a 6 foot diameter circle, to pull out just counter the rudder punch the juice and it rockets up up and away!!!! I am so pleased with this set up, it makes me look much better than I really am!!
The set up was totaly simple the most difficult part was bending the control rods, total time was about 6 hours, including the wait for the glue to dry!
If your in the market for a super fun fly plane this is it, the company (Extreme Flight) took my order on Monday it was at my door on Saturday and flying on Sunday!!! How great is that???

http://www.extremeflightrc.com/
Old 07-18-2004, 09:14 PM
KPStewart

Default RE: Edge 540 T profile (Etreme Flight)

SWWEEETT! sounds like your a happy man right now, i got the cg edge profile and was pleased at its 3D performance but sounds like your a lot happier than i was!
Old 07-18-2004, 10:52 PM
splais
My Feedback: (25)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Edge 540 T profile (Extreme Flight)

1fish,

My experience was identical and I also have a YS63 on mine. I have built or assembled profile kits/ARFs from Morris Hobbies, Thunder Tiger and OMP. The Extreme Flight is the finest Profile design I have ever seen and the fit, finish and quality was top notch.

I am still waiting for the Zinger 14x4 I want to try. Right now I am using a 13x6 (all I got) and it is doing well. But I would be interested in what prop and CG you are using. I am having to use a wood prop and extralight prop nuts to keep the CG back. I waiting for a fiberglass gear to arrive.
Old 07-19-2004, 03:18 PM
Quicker

For those that want more information, here is the review here on RCU:

[link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/magazine/article_display.cfm?article_id=329]http://www.rcuniverse.com/magazine/article_display.cfm?article_id=329[/link]
Old 07-19-2004, 05:05 PM
1fish
My Feedback: (3)

ORIGINAL: splais

1fish,

My experience was identical and I also have a YS63 on mine. I have built or assembled profile kits/ARFs from Morris Hobbies, Thunder Tiger and OMP. The Extreme Flight is the finest Profile design I have ever seen and the fit, finish and quality was top notch.

I am still waiting for the Zinger 14x4 I want to try. Right now I am using a 13x6 (all I got) and it is doing well. But I would be interested in what prop and CG you are using. I am having to use a wood prop and extralight prop nuts to keep the CG back. I waiting for a fiberglass gear to arrive.

Splais, I have the CG about 7/8 behind the spar, I had it at 1-1/4 but it was too pitch sensitive, I have about 1.5 oz on the rearmost part of the fuse to attain this balance, I am using JR digitals a Hitec 80 on the throttle with the engine set as far back as possible, a 600MA battery and Hitec 8 channel receiver I am also using a 13-6 prop but would like to also try a 14-6 or 14-4 to see the difference, the only thing I didn't like about the kit was the lack of steerable tail gear, I modified this using a few parts I had around and 1,2,3 I have full ground control!