Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > 3D Flying!
Reload this Page >

AW 25% Edge

Community
Search
Notices
3D Flying! Our 3D flying forum is the ultimate resource for 3D flyers. Also discuss the latest in "4D" flying!

AW 25% Edge

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2002, 03:28 PM
rplumbo
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AW 25% Edge

Hi! You guys have me very interested in this Aero Works 25% Edge. I'd like a little more information on it. How are AeroWorks kits? They seem to be of Carden cailiber, but I haven't seen many of their planes at shows etc. Does anyone have any good engine recommendations for this airplane? I'd like gas, and would like to stay away from Zenoah. Does Brisson make an engine this small? What's the "2 Servo Wing Option" that's available along with the builder's kit? I'm just looking for more information than what's available on their rather mediocre website.

Thanks!
Reid
Old 07-26-2002, 11:43 AM
lenough

Default AW 25% Edge

Reid,
I have this plane with a Saito 150. The plane weighs 9 1/2 lbs.
This motor is way more than enough. Unlimited vertical. I saw one once with a 3W-24 in it. I thought it was overkill.
Great building kit. You'll need to reinforce the landing gear mounting area. Especially if flying off grass. I also added flying wire on the tail.
If you really want gas, I would look into the RCS 1.4 or 1.8. I'm not sure about their power, but they should be plenty.
As for the 2 servo wing option, not needed on this size kit.
I did put 2 servos on the elevator and pull pull on the rudder.
A picture of my plane is on the Aeroworks web site with the Millionair scheme.
Old 07-26-2002, 01:57 PM
rplumbo
My Feedback: (3)

Default AW 25% Edge

What is the 2 servo wing option? Is it just what it sounds like? - 2 Servos on each wing? Why would that be more expensive anyway? That's a great looking plane you've got, is it a Saito 150, or a Saito 180? 180 is listed on the website, but you just mentioned a Saito 150. Thanks for your info!
Reid
Old 07-26-2002, 06:10 PM
lenough

Default AW 25% Edge

It's a Saito 150. You might be looking at the wrong plane. Mine is Red and White with the Million Air decals on it. Middle of the 7th row of pictures down.
You're right about the 2 servo option. 2 aileron servo's on each wing. I guess they charge for the labor of making that extra cut out.