Notices
3D Flying! Our 3D flying forum is the ultimate resource for 3D flyers. Also discuss the latest in "4D" flying!

QQ Yak

Old 05-08-2005, 08:52 AM
xtra 330
My Feedback: (19)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: QQ Yak

that is exactly what i planned to put in mine...except i have the 4400 Mah batteries from Fromeco,i wqas going to run Dual batteries and recievers...but i think i am going back to one reciever,and 2 batteries.So...was QQ's recomended throws a good choice as well as the CG setting.also,are you runing a 3 blade prop?please enlightin' on the flight performance...A video would be nice
Old 05-19-2005, 07:33 PM
xtra 330
My Feedback: (19)

hey Andrew..another question on the Yak...did your canopy require some modifications to get it to rest on the airframe...mine seems a little too long....any suggestions?
Old 05-20-2005, 05:59 AM
flyboy91
My Feedback: (1)

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Mine canopy did not need any mods to fit. It is a perfect fit from the factory. The only thing I would suggest doing is making another support for the back of the canopy. If you notice that when you put the canopy on and move the back of it can move a good inch off the fuse either side. With this happening my canopy cracked in the front. I would think just a pin in the back would be great. I am going to go out and fly the airplane tonight and try and get some good videos of it flying.

Andrew Jesky
Old 06-08-2005, 01:59 AM
wolfcbr2003
My Feedback: (18)

hello Andrew

You probally dont remember me but we met in vegas last Oct at the Hobby visions deal.. I from WA my name is Marcus. Anyhow was wondering your opinion on the 85" from QQ vs the EF 87" yak.... from what I can tell they are almost identical in contructionwith a few things here and there. They, from what I am told are even made at the same factory in China. Also I met a friend of yours only can't remember his name, He was flying the new Cap 580. in eastern WA. Him and I talked a bit about your old airplane and the incidient that happend with someone not looking at the radio board. Wayne was telling me about your interesting deal with the 102". Maybe I will get both of themand see which is better in my mind.

Anyhow take care

MArcus
Old 08-15-2005, 11:29 AM
hobdean
My Feedback: (11)

How is the 102" yak in upright harriers?
Do the wings rock?

check your six

Old 08-15-2005, 12:36 PM
flyboy91

The yak like all other airplanes has a slight wing rock. I think that this airplane shows the least amount of rock out of any of them that I have seen.
Old 08-23-2005, 04:46 PM
RC330LXFlya
My Feedback: (3)

How do you do a tipspin with the yak, I tried going in hammer-head style with right rudder then coming back in with full left and down elevator and left aileron. Only occasionally will it go into a tip spin, mostly it just goes into a inverted flatspin-ish thing. I think my timing is just off with the entry.

thanks
Old 08-23-2005, 04:46 PM
hobdean
My Feedback: (11)

Would this make a good 3d plane?

check your six
Old 08-23-2005, 08:49 PM
flyboy91

Chris,

This airplane is hard to get into the knife edge spin as it wants to go into a flat spin easily. I usually go up high inverted do a inverted tumble when the airplane losses all airspeed and slows down keeep all the same inputs in( down elevator right aileron and right rudder) you will then have to reduce the aileron to get it into the spin. After entry add back the aileron. This is all about the right sequence of events at the correct time.

Hob,

This airplane is a great 3d airplane. Even more then that it can fly precision with the best of them. A very light airplane at 26.25 pounds with cans in it which makes it have a super light wing loading.

Andrew
Old 08-23-2005, 08:59 PM
wgeffon
My Feedback: (4)

I watched Andrew fly his this weekend and it looked awesome.
I just wish he would have let me fly it. He said it was a little too advanced for me but that if I keep practicing, I could maybe fly it next year.
Old 08-23-2005, 09:33 PM
flyboy91

Wayne,

Get it right you can fly it on a buddy box next year if your lucky. Just kidding it was great seeing you fly it and showing me how bad I suck.

Andrew
Old 08-23-2005, 10:29 PM
wgeffon
My Feedback: (4)

ORIGINAL: flyboy91

Wayne,

Get it right you can fly it on a buddy box next year if your lucky. Just kidding it was great seeing you fly it and showing me how bad I suck.

Andrew
Ya, I wish.