Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > 3D Flying!
Reload this Page >

Dual rate switch assignment???

Community
Search
Notices
3D Flying! Our 3D flying forum is the ultimate resource for 3D flyers. Also discuss the latest in "4D" flying!

Dual rate switch assignment???

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2005, 02:07 PM
MSP1957
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dual rate switch assignment???

I was wondering do most of you assign a individual switch for each control surface ( rudder, aileron and elevator) or put them all on one switch for low or high rates? I have a Futaba 9C.

Michael
Old 04-26-2005, 02:14 PM
Geistware
My Feedback: (16)

Default RE: Dual rate switch assignment???

I put it all on one switch.
Made a mistake once and hit the wrong switch and instead of high rate aileron, I turned my engine off!
Old 04-26-2005, 02:26 PM
STG
My Feedback: (26)

I like the simplicity of the single switch -- the long triple rate switch above the right stick on the 9C.
Old 04-26-2005, 02:27 PM
mikeboyd

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a 9C also. On my fun fly's and 3D planes I put all on a 3 rate switch, for simplicity. However, for pattern/IMAC sequence stuff, I have them individual on the three typical dual rate switches. One some airplanes I would like extremely precise, accurate control of the throw limits for individual surfaces, depending on the maneuvuer (I know I butchered that word). It all depends on what you like. Try them both out. You may find that all on one works fine for the sport flying you may be doing, with the low rates for easy gentle pattern moves, mid-range for landing and a little more throw for more aggressive flying and high for all out monster 3D moves. I have found, however that for some 3D planes just dual rates, individually assigned, works good, giving you better setups for certain 3d aerobatics, such as flat spins and so on.
Old 04-26-2005, 05:57 PM
daveopam
My Feedback: (9)

Received 42 Likes on 37 Posts

I have my 9C like Mike's. I use four switches while flying. One for each ELEV,RUD,AILE and the trainer switch for the spoilerons. I use the right hand three position switch for the throttle cut. Using the center as the cut and the high and low for the run position. Like Mike some tricks work better if one is on low and one on high. I mostly switch the AILE and ELEV so I put a piece of fuel tubing on those switches. It makes them easy to find.

David