Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > 3D Flying!
Reload this Page >

DPM EDGE 540 & hitec 5245

Community
Search
Notices
3D Flying! Our 3D flying forum is the ultimate resource for 3D flyers. Also discuss the latest in "4D" flying!

DPM EDGE 540 & hitec 5245

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2005, 05:20 PM
greyhound man
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DPM EDGE 540 & hitec 5245

I have about 30 flights or so on my DP edge and have now stripped my second servo in the ailerons. (no not the same one)I am running 4 hitec 5245, 2 each aileron. they are metal gear about 80 oz. each and have programmed them so they are not fighting each other. anyone else have experience with these servos? or what would you suggest.
Old 06-12-2005, 10:46 PM
JoeAirPort
My Feedback: (41)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: DPM EDGE 540 & hitec 5245

I have this same setup but only have about 15 flights. I will keep my eye on them. How did you know it was stripped since the other servo keeps driving?

By the way, even though you have programmed the center and endpoints to not fight each other, that doesn't mean that they won't fight each other in all other positions in the 100 degrees of travel. You have to also mechanically set up the geometry of both linkages so both servos track each other perfectly as the aileron deflects in all positions. This could be your problem. I set mine up to be mechanically mached so if mine strip out like yours after some more flights then this will not be the problem. I'll keep you posted.

Also are you doing any fast rolls on 3D rates or anything to stress them or just normal flying?

ORIGINAL: greyhound man

I have about 30 flights or so on my DP edge and have now stripped my second servo in the ailerons. (no not the same one)I am running 4 hitec 5245, 2 each aileron. they are metal gear about 80 oz. each and have programmed them so they are not fighting each other. anyone else have experience with these servos? or what would you suggest.
Old 06-13-2005, 07:51 AM
greyhound man
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

After my second flight sunday I was checking my control surfaces and when i apply full left aileron (3D rate) I can hear the gears grinding and when power is off the servo is locked up only moves about 1/2 an inch. And yes I do fast (3D) aileron rolls, rolling harriers,blenders, flat spins, knife edge spins, and almost anything else I can throw at it. Also how would i go about mechanically matching my servos?

[quote]ORIGINAL: JoeAirPort

I have this same setup but only have about 15 flights. I will keep my eye on them. How did you know it was stripped since the other servo keeps driving?

By the way, even though you have programmed the center and endpoints to not fight each other, that doesn't mean that they won't fight each other in all other positions in the 100 degrees of travel. You have to also mechanically set up the geometry of both linkages so both servos track each other perfectly as the aileron deflects in all positions. This could be your problem. I set mine up to be mechanically mached so if mine strip out like yours after some more flights then this will not be the problem. I'll keep you posted.

Also are you doing any fast rolls on 3D rates or anything to stress them or just normal flying?

Old 06-13-2005, 12:30 PM
JoeAirPort
My Feedback: (41)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I sent you a PM. Keep in touch via PM with any questions you have.

[quote]ORIGINAL: greyhound man

After my second flight sunday I was checking my control surfaces and when i apply full left aileron (3D rate) I can hear the gears grinding and when power is off the servo is locked up only moves about 1/2 an inch. And yes I do fast (3D) aileron rolls, rolling harriers,blenders, flat spins, knife edge spins, and almost anything else I can throw at it. Also how would i go about mechanically matching my servos?

ORIGINAL: JoeAirPort