Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > 3D Flying!
Reload this Page >

Engine and position on a U-can-do 60?

Community
Search
Notices
3D Flying! Our 3D flying forum is the ultimate resource for 3D flyers. Also discuss the latest in "4D" flying!

Engine and position on a U-can-do 60?

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2005, 05:06 PM
cafusin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine and position on a U-can-do 60?

Hello,
I live in Mexico City and we fly up in a nearby mountain at an altitude of 8000 feet above sea level. We always have to overpower all the airplanes. I am planing to buy a U-CAN-DO 60 but I am not sure of which engine will be best. Also are there any problems installing the engines inverted as is suggested in this airplane?. Do any of you recommend perry pumps or on board glow drivers due to the inverted engine?
Other option I have is the Funtana 90 with a side mounted engine (I was thinking in this case the supertigre 2300= 1.4 cubic inch)
In both cases is a four stroke better than a two stroke for 3D?
Thank you very much for any suggestions
Old 06-19-2005, 07:25 PM
greyhound man
My Feedback: (5)

Default RE: Engine and position on a U-can-do 60?

On my UCD 60 I had a saito 100 and it had good power for 3d it would hover around 1/2 throttle but I am NOT at a high altitude like you also once I had it broken in and set-up right i never had problems with it inverted. And yes I would always go four stroke glow for that size plane. at your altitude I might go with a saito 150 for the UCD or a 180 for the funtana (I belive the funtana is about a pound heavier)
Old 06-19-2005, 10:49 PM
K.O.
My Feedback: (16)

Default RE: Engine and position on a U-can-do 60?

cafusin

I have UCD .46 with an inverted Saito 100 and a P-51 with a Saito 100 inverted and no problems with starting or running. I have a friend that has a inverted OS .91 2 stroke in a .90 UCD and that engine starts easy and runs well, and I have no reservations about inverting the engine in my next plane if the situation calls for it. I have no experience with pumps so I can't help you there.
\K.O.