Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > 3D Flying!
Reload this Page >

Showtime

Community
Search
Notices
3D Flying! Our 3D flying forum is the ultimate resource for 3D flyers. Also discuss the latest in "4D" flying!

Showtime

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2006, 05:32 PM
HoverLoW

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Showtime

This is a 17x8 Pakr propr! I never use it before!

It´s good!
Old 04-14-2006, 10:12 PM
airstik2003

stc

i have a magnum 120 in mine
yup saturday or sunday i will maiden her
some people have sato 100s in them

thanks
Old 04-14-2006, 10:45 PM
AirWizard
My Feedback: (3)

I have a YS 110 in mine and It flies great. You will love the Showtime.
Old 04-15-2006, 06:46 PM
sctcrash
My Feedback: (1)

38, Let me know how you like the Magnum 120 . I have the 91 in my U Can Do and now that its broken in its a blast. The 120 doesnt seem to be as affordable as the 91, but still a good price.
Old 04-15-2006, 10:00 PM
airstik2003

had a bad day

i flew my showtime.On my UCD the frist flight i crasher because of the rec. But this one was successful. usuallyi an very nervious on the first 2 flights but i was fine this time.it is a solid flyer.right on th CG it only, only needed 1 pu and 3 left for the trim. flys real nice very smooth.

the engine only had 30 oz of fuel through it and idled fine than i took it up and it is still lean so it was not running like a broke-in engine does

landed like a dream. on the 2nd flight my friend and i worked on KE mixing and no roll coulping just pitch

[:@][:@][:@][:@][:@] on the 3rd filght afthr i took off...the servo horn screw unscrew and the horn poped off[:@][:@][:@][:@][:@]it stalled at 75ft and spiraled to its death or what i though(when i knew i could not save it i turned my backthe frount of the fuse was damaged but i can fix it. nothing esle but 1 sfg was destroyed[:@][:@][:@][:@][:@]

my dad said to rob his fuse and a sfg form his which is new in the box
he recored it so i will post a video in the next 3-5 weeks

thamks
Old 04-15-2006, 10:01 PM
airstik2003

i like it so far but i will tell you how well it does in the next 2 weeks

thanks
Old 04-15-2006, 10:17 PM
bubbagates
My Feedback: (32)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just maidened my second one yesterday with the Saito 125 and it did very well using a 16X6 APC. Today I switched to 20% and tired 3 other props and went back to the 16X6 and I like it even more.

My first one went in because of the dreaded elevator issue some of the earlier ones had. This was setup with a YS 110 that was rebuilt by YS but was leaking fuel from every imaginable spot so I took it out and repaced it with the Saito. This very same engine (YS110) was in the first showtime.

Anyway, yesterday ended up with 4 total flights, getting it tuned and the mixes set. The 4th flight I wrung it out a bit, got a few seconds of a KE spin, fantastic parchute, KE from one end to the other blenders into a flat spin then into a leaf were a breeze and the transition was fast. All flights were with the SFG's on.

Today was very windy so I removed the SFG's and found KE mixes needed more. I really did not do too much. I did get a few seconds hovering it but 20mph gusts make that kinda hard. I got a total of 3 flights in today

I'd say that once the 125 breaks in it's gonna be right up there with the YS110 on the same fuel and about 50 bucks cheaper and more readily available

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Vt55974.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	137.3 KB
ID:	445959   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kf14253.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	120.8 KB
ID:	445960   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fl18633.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	111.4 KB
ID:	445961   Click image for larger version

Name:	Uo36886.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	108.9 KB
ID:	445962   Click image for larger version

Name:	Do83257.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	113.7 KB
ID:	445963  
Old 04-16-2006, 08:40 AM
LSP972
My Feedback: (13)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just cannot bring myself to put those goiters on mine.....

But this airplane is definitely a keeper. It has a very wide flight envelope; it will do all the wild flip-flop stuff, or IMAC/Pattern with reduced throws, or just putz around at 1/3 throttle. The airplane is very graceful; it has become one of my favorites. I usually fly a plane for no more than a year before becoming bored/tired/ready for something new. A few, such as the Goldberg Ultimate (which I still have) and the Super Kaos I have kept because they just fly so well.

The ShowTime will likely remain in the "fleet" until its expiration date arrives...
Old 04-16-2006, 09:59 AM
bubbagates

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Steve,

I have to agree about the "goiters" but they do provide some stability. I noticed it when doing parachutes. Rock stable with them, a bit of wing rock without them.

When I planted the first one I told myself I was not going to replace it. Well, as youi can see I lied to myself. I'm like you in that most of my fleet gets replaced each year but a few have lived well past that, My 4*60, my GP Gene Soucy Extra, my GP Super Stearman and most likely this plane, my GP Ultimate and my Aeroworks Yak will most likely hang around for a long time to come.

I just realized I just mentioned most of the fleet of currently have. Maybe I just found all the planes I like and will keep them, nah, never happen. Aeroworks has some really nice planes coming and I'm really looking at the new H9 FuntanaX
Old 04-16-2006, 10:34 AM
Nickolas

ORIGINAL: rcfury

ORIGINAL: drumbum

By not being there i dont know but i would say somehow you were -2 DEG off as a reference (just a hunch). if you take the -2 away from all your measurements your left wing is dead on, right wing is +.5 , left elev -1.3 , right -5. i would not worry about .5s.. and the other problem is when a movable surface like an aileron and an elevator is involved it may bring your #s off a little.. make sure there is no warpage .. also check incedence all the way down wing. if it changes the wing OR the aileron may be warped.. I would look at the L elevator closely.. I like checking incedence before i put the movable surfaces on. but in some cases (like yours) that is not going to happen.
Well ok I took some pictures of the plane.. I got something quirky here. the numbers i posted earlier is not the same as today and nothing could be differant. Same level, same pool table, same stand proping up the plane. I also tried two differant ways of leveling the plane. From another forum someone mentioned to zero out the wing and check everything from there.
Im beginning to not trust digital stuff. Hows the robart incidence meter, or the GP laser meter?

**the forth picture shows the reading after leveling the plane with the wing at 0*
Hi,

I'm using a Robart incidence meter, I found both wings to be at the same angle. Left stab was also at the same angle but the right one was offset. I had to readjust it by increasing the diameter of the smaller hole and placing a plastic guide in it.

The kit seems to have only five ball links, it takes into account that the rudder servo will be placed at the tail. I'm using a push pull configuration and I need six ball links in total...

A question for JR guys, for the second elevator channel, do you use AUX3?

Any recommendations on the CG location for both precision and 3D?

I'm going to maiden the plane in two weeks time, it sits on the bench since last autumn, my YS 110 has to be broken in as soon as possible.

Regards,

Nick

Old 04-16-2006, 03:44 PM
AirWizard

Nickolas, I use AUX 2 for the left elevator and AUX 1 for the left aileron.

Bubagates, have you tried the APC 16.5 x 5 prop.....Its what I use on my YS110
Old 04-17-2006, 07:55 PM
drumbum
My Feedback: (1)

Nikolas- I like the CG at the recomended. that is something you will have to adjust to your taste since not everyone flies the same way and may prefer a different feel.
Old 04-20-2006, 05:35 PM
rcfury
My Feedback: (5)

Well stupid me decided to depend on the instructions for the engine mounting but, ended up being totally off. With the new measurment for the engine to fit properally in the cowl the orginal holes will interfere with the new holes. Anyway, anyone have the part number for the motormount for the showtime? Its not listed in the manual and horizon search engine sucks!!!
Old 04-20-2006, 10:04 PM
oliflyer
My Feedback: (4)

Nathan,

The P/N of the engine mount for the Showtime is: HAN90M (Nylon Motor Mount: 90-512E, Hangar 9)
It seems that Horizin has it on backorder but I ordered one yesterday from Chief Aircraft (HAN_90M - $4.95).

Good luck,

Chris
Old 04-20-2006, 11:52 PM
rcfury
My Feedback: (5)

Sweet!!! Thanks man... Sometimes it takes a masters degree to get through the search engine on horizon.
Old 04-21-2006, 10:27 AM
oliflyer
My Feedback: (4)

Right, I had to call Horizon to get the P/N...And it took them a while to find it!

Chris
Old 04-21-2006, 07:45 PM
AirWizard

You could try epoxying dowel rod in the holes and then re-drilling.
Old 04-21-2006, 09:17 PM
JPal101

I am currently putting mine together with a Saito 100. I am more of a pattern flyer than 3D but, a friend of mine is a serious 3D Pilot and has tried both the Saito 100 and 125 he says the 125 is fine but absolutely prefers the YS110 to all of them. His prop choice is 16X4 - 16X6
Old 04-21-2006, 09:25 PM
AirWizard

I have the YS110 and it flies like its on rails......you might try the 16.5 x 5 APC prop
Old 04-22-2006, 08:27 AM
LSP972

ORIGINAL: dgeorge

You could try epoxying dowel rod in the holes and then re-drilling.
Yup. That's what I had to do on mine to properly locate the mount for an OS 1.08.

Basic Modelling 101...
Old 04-25-2006, 12:57 PM
The MacDaddy
My Feedback: (10)

ORIGINAL: bubbagates

I just maidened my second one yesterday with the Saito 125 and it did very well using a 16X6 APC. Today I switched to 20% and tired 3 other props and went back to the 16X6 and I like it even more.

My first one went in because of the dreaded elevator issue some of the earlier ones had. This was setup with a YS 110 that was rebuilt by YS but was leaking fuel from every imaginable spot so I took it out and repaced it with the Saito. This very same engine (YS110) was in the first showtime.

Anyway, yesterday ended up with 4 total flights, getting it tuned and the mixes set. The 4th flight I wrung it out a bit, got a few seconds of a KE spin, fantastic parchute, KE from one end to the other blenders into a flat spin then into a leaf were a breeze and the transition was fast. All flights were with the SFG's on.

Today was very windy so I removed the SFG's and found KE mixes needed more. I really did not do too much. I did get a few seconds hovering it but 20mph gusts make that kinda hard. I got a total of 3 flights in today

I'd say that once the 125 breaks in it's gonna be right up there with the YS110 on the same fuel and about 50 bucks cheaper and more readily available

Bubba,

What is the dreaded elevator issue??

Mac
Old 04-25-2006, 05:14 PM
Barry Cazier
My Feedback: (17)

The MacDaddy...

"The dreaded elevator" is this plane snapping it's fool head off. Mine will just quite flying if you pull light elvator on take off. Just ease back and it will take off rise about 4 or 5 feet and fall to the ground. Just quits flying. Also, in hover it will fall out and just keep falling under certain circumstances. I also notice it on landing approaches as I turn into the wind it will sometimes just stall and fall.

I love the plane and the way it flys, most of the time. But on occasion it can be a handful. Nobody seems to know for sure what it does. But it does it.

Thanks
Barry
Old 04-26-2006, 08:16 AM
LSP972

ORIGINAL: Barry Cazier

I also notice it on landing approaches as I turn into the wind it will sometimes just stall and fall.
I have many flights on mine. I don't do the flip-flop/hover, so I cannot comment on any of that. But your observations regarding stall problems on take-offs and landings... I simply have not seen ANY of that. This is one of the most honest planes I've ever flown- even BEFORE I fixed the incidence problem.

Mine weighs 9.6 pounds with an OS 1.08 and the CG at the recommended point. It passes the "nose-heavy test" (holding a 45 degree inverted upline for a few seconds) with ease; so its not nose heavy.

There have been enough complaints of incorrect wing and/or stab incidence to say that there is a recurring intermittent quality control problem with this kit. So we know it can have some issues. One wonders what is causing yours to stall for no apparent reason...

But I agree; a great model overall. When this one dies, I'll most likely get another.
Old 04-26-2006, 08:26 AM
AirWizard

I haven't had a problem with mine either. I'm using the YS110 and fly with the SFG's makes hovering a piece of cake. No bad habits.
Old 04-26-2006, 08:43 AM
airstik2003

mine has no bad habits
it is on the cg but it falls forward when hovering
i have 35 40 degrees on the elevator
is that enough?

thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.