Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > 3D Flying!
Reload this Page >

Suggestion By fellow club member

Community
Search
Notices
3D Flying! Our 3D flying forum is the ultimate resource for 3D flyers. Also discuss the latest in "4D" flying!

Suggestion By fellow club member

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2005, 07:48 PM
skier

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Suggestion By fellow club member

I have a Tower Hobbies 60 size ARF trainer lying around that I could have in the air fairly fast, but I wanted to make it a bit more interesting. A fellow club member suggested putting a OS 90 in it, converting it to a tail dragger, taking the dihedral out of it, and moving the CG aft to make the plane into a 3D plane. My question is, where should the main gear be in relation to the CG?

The manual says it should weigh 8 lbs. It has 877 sq. in. of wing area. It has a 69.5 inch wingspan amd os 56.75 inches long. How do you think it will fly?
Old 06-25-2005, 08:29 PM
greyhound man
My Feedback: (5)

Default RE: Suggestion By fellow club member

It would fly well but it wont 3d, probably wont fly much diffrent than an ugly stick. It would probably be a little more fun to fly than a stock trainer but at the end of the day its still a high wing plane with a flat bottom wing.........and the gear should be well infront of the CG usually around LE of wing.
Old 06-26-2005, 06:45 AM
skier

Thanks for the info. I'll still try it, easiest way (and fastest) for me to get another plane running right now.
Old 06-26-2005, 07:11 PM
50%plane
My Feedback: (5)

It will 3D. It won't be very easy, but I 3D a Telemaster .40(73") with a .61 on it.
Old 06-26-2005, 08:29 PM
ICE_MAN

It will Hover and stuff.. But I wouldn't suggest Blenders KE spins ect with it... But it will be a FUN plane to fly! It's a Long shot but you may try to find a wing from another plane with a fully sem. airfoil... That will make things interesting.
Old 06-27-2005, 06:04 AM
skier

OK, This will be my first plane capeable of hovering, if it can. If I had time to build i different wing i might, but I have a Hostetler C-150 on the building board as well right now and was hoping that I could have this in the air quickly.