Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > 3D Flying!
Reload this Page >

Hitech 945 Centering problem

Community
Search
Notices
3D Flying! Our 3D flying forum is the ultimate resource for 3D flyers. Also discuss the latest in "4D" flying!

Hitech 945 Centering problem

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2005, 01:38 AM
budgetdude
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hitech 945 Centering problem

Hey guys I have 4 brand new Hitech 945's in my 80" Cap. There are 2 on the ail and 2 on the elev. The problem is I cannot get these things to center the same way twice. Also on my elevator 1 servo doesn't move until the other one is about 3 degrees. Sometimes if I move the stick 1/16" neither servo moves. They are on a properly set up matchbox. Is this just normal for a non digi servo or do I have a bad batch of four, because my ailerons act very similar. If I have to get new servos which ones 5645's or 5625's? Any help would be appreciated.
Old 07-17-2005, 04:21 AM
codiddley
My Feedback: (4)

Default RE: Hitech 945 Centering problem

I know for a fact that Hitec HS-81's have a serious double centering problem. Hope the same isn't true for the 945's. I have five HS-645MG's in my FT 90 and they work flawlessly.
Old 07-17-2005, 08:23 AM
rcflyguy_26
My Feedback: (8)

I didn't think you can use hitec's with a matchbox... also I thought matchbox's were for digital servos... I have had 945's for years and no problems.

Scott
Old 07-17-2005, 08:50 AM
lgodin

How old are the servos? Also, will the control suface more freely with no servo attached? I had a friend that had a similar problem, turned out that the robart hinges were not installed properly. If you surface is hard to move the servo will not be able to center it. Make sure the surface falls on its own when no servo is attached.
Old 07-18-2005, 12:05 AM
budgetdude
My Feedback: (6)

My surfaces all move very easily. I dont think you have to use digis with a match box but I may call someone on that. My servos only have 4 flights on them but I built the model 3 years ago so thats how old the servos are. My ailerons are not on a match box and act the same.
Old 07-18-2005, 01:41 PM
Scott Dilley
My Feedback: (3)

Can the Hitecs and invest in some Futaba or JR servos. Better wuality, in my opinion.