Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > 3D Flying!
Reload this Page >

Bucker Jungmann Input

Notices
3D Flying! Our 3D flying forum is the ultimate resource for 3D flyers. Also discuss the latest in "4D" flying!

Bucker Jungmann Input

Old 10-24-2002, 09:50 PM
Billy Hell
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bucker Jungmann Input

I have flown profile planes almost exclusively but I have always had my eye out for the perfect biplane (I have a thing for biplanes). I picked up my CG Bucker Jungmann with 60 inch wing span, Saito 1.50 Golden Knight, Electric smoke pump and plumbing and hitec hi torque metal gear servos last Saturday. It is a beautiful plane.
So, any of you Jungmann flyers with comments, suggestions, throw rates, best prop suggestions, etc. please feel free to let me know what you think I need to know before I put her in the air.
BH!
Old 10-24-2002, 10:05 PM
doubleloop
My Feedback: (6)

It might be too much airplane for you. Maybe you should sell it. TO ME. Dave
Old 10-24-2002, 10:06 PM
Billy Hell

That was my original plan all along!
Old 10-25-2002, 01:16 AM
LuvBipes
My Feedback: (4)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Funny, I have that exact combo slated as my winter project. I have used the 150 in two other planes (1/4 scale Pitts and Sig Cub) and have found it is happiest turning an APC 16X8 on 15% nitro. If you want more speed, consider a 15X10, or for great vertical try a 18X6.

FWIW, ALL the reports on this plane are great w/ respect to its flying characteristics.
Old 10-25-2002, 02:27 AM
Billy Hell

Seems everyone likes the 16x8. I just bought another one as a backup. I run mostly 10% fuel but I'll get some 15 for the Saito. Thanks for the head up.
Old 10-26-2002, 04:41 AM
TD1

I fly mine with the saito 1.80, do most of the flying at 1/3 throttle, only use full for vertical and the performance of this combo can only be describe as awesome
Old 10-26-2002, 01:43 PM
JIMMYTHEEAGLE
My Feedback: (47)

I've been flying the same set-up you have for 2 years now. The plane is a much better performer without the smoke system installed. It's a bit of a pig with a full tank of fuel and smoke. Doesn't tumble as well fully loaded. Other than that, it's a great barnstorming aerobat. Barrel rolls with smoke and flat spins with smoke look great. If you use the slimline smoke muffler you'll lose 200-300 rpm off the top. The 16x8 seems to pull it the best. It actually does a nice torque at almost full throttle without smoke oil. Doesn't have a lot left to pull out of a hover though. The saito 180 would be better. Landings can really ding a wing tip and flex the gear if you don't land it well. It likes to pitch and bounce if you come in wrong. Two ways to land it. Land it on the mains and feed in a little down elevator and hold it until the speed bleeds off. Bring it in low, keep bleeding off speed and up elevator and stall it for a three point just above the runway. If you touch down to soon the wheels touch down and bounce the plane back into the air and then it falls harder, bounces higher,,,etc...(gets real ugly looking quick). I fly off asphalt so I really try to stall it right at touch down. It's a fun plane. I had someone give me a used one that I flew for a season until the clevis on the elevator broke while inverted. I tried to fly knife edge and then roll it over before it touched down but couldn't keep the nose up. I then built a new one using two elevator servos. I probably have 50-60 flights on mine now. Knife edge loops are also very good. Good Luck
Old 10-26-2002, 07:37 PM
Billy Hell

I've been practicing my landings on Real Flight with the Ultimate. Thanks for the input. The landings are the only thing I'm concerned about.
Old 10-26-2002, 08:16 PM
Billy Hell

Default A pic

Here she is...
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	32493_2779.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	28.7 KB
ID:	20311  
Old 10-26-2002, 09:08 PM
TD1

Picture of my CG Bucker from the last air show.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	32500_14314.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	73.5 KB
ID:	20312  
Old 10-26-2002, 10:52 PM
Wyo_Flyer
My Feedback: (1)

Default Landings??

Hello
I'm planning on this combo myself and found this review with some recommendation on changing the landing gear to help with the bounce problem, take a look and see what you think.
http://randybrown5.tripod.com/buckerj.htm
Hope mine turns out as nice as your TD1.
Old 10-27-2002, 01:02 PM
TD1

Default Landings

wyo_flyer
Thanks for the compliment
I wouldn't change anything. I had mine build according to the planes and i was going to do the exactly the same changes as mentioned on that review but i found that it wasn't necessary.
The trick to keep it from bouncing is very simple a soon as the mains touch the ground you stop holding the elevator stick, the plane will keep the tail up for i while (like i piper cub) until the speed bleeds off. After that is very easy to land and looks very scale like IMHO
Old 10-30-2002, 12:44 PM
Billy Hell

I was out sick yesterday so I spent my time building a Jungmann for RealFlight. It has all the right measurements/prop/engine/weight/etc. I figure I have to go ahead now and create a new scheme so the bipe in RealFlight has the same covering as my Jungman. When I finish it I will post the link here to the download.

Since I haven't flown the Buker yet I don't know if it flies like it but it does like to bounce on landing. I have been taking off and landing over and over to get the hang of it.
Old 10-30-2002, 12:52 PM
TD1

Default real flight Bucker

Billy Hell
Lets as know when you have the model ready on the simulator, that should be very interesting and I would love to try to see how it fly in relation to the real one.
Old 10-30-2002, 03:06 PM
Billy Hell

Well I'd say the model is almost good to go. The skin is all I have left. I'll email the model to myself and email it to you guys if you like (I can get it tonight).
Old 11-01-2002, 02:23 PM
TD1

Billy Hell
How far are you with the real flight Bucker? I am waiting!!!!
Old 11-01-2002, 03:45 PM
Billy Hell

Email me with your email address and I'll send you the .pln file. I'll work on the scheme today.
Old 11-05-2002, 04:06 PM
Billy Hell

I have the realflight files ready. Now you can fly my Bucker!
By the way I crashed the Bucker. You can read about it in the crash section.