Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > 3D Flying!
Reload this Page >

Disgusted with Seagull Models Edge 540

Community
Search
Notices
3D Flying! Our 3D flying forum is the ultimate resource for 3D flyers. Also discuss the latest in "4D" flying!

Disgusted with Seagull Models Edge 540

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2003, 07:49 AM
Storecreature

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Edge 540

Secret squirrel your repaired Edge looks good. Im hoping to see the test fly on the weekend
Old 03-30-2003, 08:04 AM
Secret Squirrel

Default Disgusted with Seagull Models Edge 540

Got my plank back. The people I brought it off kindly rebuilt it and strengthened it all up for me and then demonstrated it to me to make sure it wasn't going to break up again. Did a lot of aeros and stuff with it.

It's pretty much as new again, you wouldn't know it'd been crashed!

Really excited to have a go with it now, but I have a heli comp next weekend so it will have to wait unitl after that.

Will let you know.

Si
Old 04-06-2003, 05:47 AM
SKYPYRO

This reminds me of a guy who thought he could glue his plane together with hot glue. Lets just say almost everything folded when my old instructor (who was doing the test flight) made the first turn from takeoff. The plane was reduced to almost perfect kit form, everything came apart in the crash.
Old 05-13-2003, 01:14 PM
piranhamo

Default broken back gull

I bought one of those in December. It was a great looking plane and was impressed with the completeness and simplicity of the ARF. Apparently Seagull went with simplicity in putting the pile of sticks I now own because the right wing broke off the plane while flying at about half throttle when I went to roll over from being inverted. I helplessly and hopelessly watched as it came spiralling down to earth.The wing broke about ten inches from the center. It was obvious to me and the others at the field that the materials were light balsa on the spars and the webbing broke. Did you get any help from the dealer or anyone else. I had only flew mine about six times. I feel this is obviously a material problem. Any info would be welcome.
Old 05-13-2003, 05:57 PM
Secret Squirrel

Welcome to the club piranhamo, same thing happened to me except I was in straight level flight too.

The elevators are also something I've had trouble with.