Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > 3D Flying!
Reload this Page >

Hangar 9 Twist .40 questions.

Community
Search
Notices
3D Flying! Our 3D flying forum is the ultimate resource for 3D flyers. Also discuss the latest in "4D" flying!

Hangar 9 Twist .40 questions.

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2007, 10:05 PM
Sessholvlaru

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Hangar 9 Twist .40 questions.

Hey all. Today (on an RCU trade) I got a nice Hangar 9 Twist .40 size with digital servos and a nearly new OS .40 AX motor on it. I realize that this is not going to be an animal in the 3D world, but what can I expect? Will it hang? Anyone have suggestions on how to get max performance? (I.E. props, fuel, etc). I do not have another motor that I can stick on it, so the .40 will have to do. I would prefer a four banger, but I just don't have the funds. Maybe some performance parts? Any advice would be great. Thank you!
Old 10-07-2007, 07:32 PM
acarter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Hangar 9 Twist .40 questions.

Hey, i myselft own the twist 40, but i got the plug and play, with the evo .46 and it has unlimited vertical, I don't know how your 40 will do, This plane will hover very easily, and is perfectly capable of most 3d manouvers, your gonna love the twist

Austin
Old 10-07-2007, 10:34 PM
Huckaneer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh yeah, that engine will hover it. Slap a 12.25 x 3.75 prop on there and you are good to go. Just don't do any tail taps or you might snap it in half. That's what I did. It is a good plane for flat spinning as well. Just don't expect much harrier pedrformance out of it. Anything else and it is great. I had one with a 46 FX and it has insane power.
Old 10-07-2007, 10:41 PM
Sessholvlaru

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well 'maidened' it today (used plane), and it flew well. Although the previous owner said it was a .40 a quick look at the case revealed it as a .46. It had an 11x4 on it, and I threw a 10x5 on it, with some improvement. Threw some flaperon mixing into the ailerons and elevators and it is pretty capable. Just a simple, fun beater of a craft.