Community
Search
Notices
3D Flying! Our 3D flying forum is the ultimate resource for 3D flyers. Also discuss the latest in "4D" flying!

Help!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2003, 04:22 AM
Rather B Flying
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help!!

I have a hangar 9 sport cap 232 .40 with a saito 100. I want to get into 3d but not sure how. I'm using a 13X8 prop and i have unlimited vertical but i thought i would have had better acceleration upline. The plane is pretty quick so what prop should i move up to to trade speed for acceleration. I tried a 14X10 but it seemed like the engine was trying too hard. Also do I need to be tail heavy to be more aerobatic? I'm slightly nose heavy right now. Would that be the reason I cant throw the plane around like I want to? She snaps real quick but I want to be able to do that thing where it looks like the airplane is tumbling head over tail. Kinda like a zero-radius loop. What is that called anyway! Thanks guys!
Old 04-09-2003, 05:55 AM
JB Rekit

Default Help!!

That is a waterfall, but you need a combination of thing to being able to do 3D. Power, weight, CG, and control sufrace size and throw.

If you are not satisfied with your uplines right now with a Saito 1.00 on a .40 sized airplane, there is a good chance, in fact I know that plane is too heavy to do 3D with (unless you call prop hanging 3D b/c any plane with enough power can theoretically do that. Whether of not the pilot can is a different story). Larger airplanes can make up for this due to the added stability of being larger (but thats a whole new can of worms, everything increases exponentially ect. ex. if wingspan doubles, wing area is going to increase maybe 10 times.)

I have a .40 sized extra with a saito .91 14x8 apc that went on a serious diet to try to make it more 3D capable and after gutting .75 lbs all it will do is a blender and just hover. Too unstable due to a elevator or harrier or anything else. That damn 58" plane has a faster stall speed than my 105" Edge. It also has more wing loading too.

I'm not saying it can't be done, but to get the stabilty to do the 3D manuevers 5- 10' off the deck that plane is going to have to undergo some serious changes.

Don't know how much this helped b/c it has been a long day and I am getting a little delirious.
Old 04-09-2003, 09:02 PM
Welsh3D

Default Help!!

No, it may be a lomcevak .... Waterfall starts and finishes as a tumble, lomcevakj starts with loads of speed and then goes into a power stall type thing ..... to do a lomcevak you need to fly a 45 degree upline and pile both sticks into the top right hand (or left hand ) corners... it should do a few tumbnles before youll need to centralise the sticks, or if you do it high enough, it will go into a knife edge spin by keeping the sticks inthe corners.

You might find my site of interest.... www.3drc.info , also my other site at www.aeroforce.co.uk may be of interest!
Old 04-16-2003, 07:06 PM
Rather B Flying

Default Help!!

thanks alot!
Old 04-17-2003, 03:28 AM
mancha

Default Help!!

If what you want is to trade speed for trust!! try 14X6!!
Old 04-18-2003, 01:37 AM
CrAzYfLyEr-RCU

Default Help!!

I had a 15x8 pro zinger on my saito 100/ultra stick60 combo and vertical acceleration was awesome....just something to think about
Old 04-21-2003, 01:51 PM
Rather B Flying

Default Help!!

With a 15x8 the lowest idle I can acheive is one that will still pull the airplane at least 5 knots. Hmmm, what do I do? I fly off pavement so I always have to dead stick her.
Old 04-21-2003, 03:23 PM
outssider
My Feedback: (23)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Help!!

try apc 15/4W or 16/4W