Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > 3D Flying!
 What will a 50 cc pull? >

What will a 50 cc pull?

Notices
3D Flying! Our 3D flying forum is the ultimate resource for 3D flyers. Also discuss the latest in "4D" flying!

What will a 50 cc pull?

Old 04-10-2008, 05:28 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: What will a 50 cc pull?

ORIGINAL: Jake Ruddy
Thats fine... but they aren't lasting that amount of time... closer to 25 gallons before problems. Sorry I will keep my Brillelli 60 with a better muffler for only $200 more and it will out last 3 or 4 DLs. If you want a 50 size then the Brillelli 50 is less than $100 more and will out last 3 or 4 DLs again. Both have similar or more power than the DL.
The only thing I don't like about the Brillelli engines is that they're a piston-port engine with side-draft carby.

I've seen more problems created by cowling turbulence and side-draft carbies than almost any other aspect of gas-engine operation.

Rear reed-valve induction is far less affected by the turbulent flows created when an engine is run inside a cowling and the tuning rarely changes between cowl-on and cowl-off.

I only have one piston-port sidedraft engine (but have seen others having the same cowling issues) and won't buy another.

Life's too short -- with a rear-induction engine you just mount them up, tune them up and fly!

Old 04-11-2008, 08:02 AM
My Feedback: (40)

That's really quite simple to deal with. They come with a static preasure nipple on them already. Depending on the cowl it will either like it with the v-stack or won't. I have had my Brillelli 60 in 5 planes.. 1 didnt run well until I took off the v-stack, then it was fine.

Piston Port is great but it doesnt solve everything.. there are engines out there with this design that have the same or worse issues.
Old 04-11-2008, 09:33 AM
My Feedback: (4)

skillet92, I flew at your fall event in Camden this past year. I own a 88" Yak 54 from Extreme Flight. I run a DA 50 on an MTW 75 pipe from DA as well. That motor turns a Vess 23A at 7600rpm and pulls my 18# plane with AUTHORITY. I owned the Aeroworks 50cc Yak QB prior to this plane and liked it. It's a bit easier build, but the EF is a better plane with a MUCH lighter feel. It is more stable in both upright and inverted harriers and has unbelievable control authority.

Bottom line, you won't go wrong with the above combination. My second choice would be the EF Extra 300. It is lighter and faster in the air. I got to fly it at the FX3D event last month in Florida. Can't go wrong there either.

I'd invite you to come fly with us and try the plane for yourself, but the motor is back at DA for a checkup after 300 flights.

Doug