Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > 3D Flying!
Reload this Page >

H9 Funtana S double bevel

Community
Search
Notices
3D Flying! Our 3D flying forum is the ultimate resource for 3D flyers. Also discuss the latest in "4D" flying!

H9 Funtana S double bevel

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2003, 04:36 PM
TailTwister
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default H9 Funtana S double bevel

So your spoilerons move to max as you max the elevator, or less?

The other way is called flapperons, and I use them sometimes too. I almost never use a true 1:1 mix though.
Old 07-24-2003, 08:35 PM
coony2787
My Feedback: (33)

i mix them straight to elevator

Chad
Old 07-24-2003, 10:24 PM
Abraxxas

Tailtwister, I just have stock throws (45 deg) on elevator and I can do inverted flat spins so flat that the plane can become stationary and not lose any altitude, CG is 5 7/8" too, not far back yet.
Old 07-25-2003, 01:29 PM
TailTwister
My Feedback: (1)

How are you entering that spin, I've tried a couple of dozen times, and get a spin, but not anywhere near flat.

Horizon says I should move my CG back.
Old 07-25-2003, 10:55 PM
Abraxxas

1. Climb vertical to your entry altitude then chop the power, wait for the airplane to stop in the air...

2. Just as it stops push full down elevator, right rudder and left aileron and let it enter a full deflection inverted spin...

3. After a couple turns when the plane is spinning nicely, continue to hold all controls to the max, start feeding in power (1/2 - 3/4 throttle with my plane) while you slowly cross the ailerons to full right deflection and wait for it to flatten out. You may have to play with your throttle settings and see what your setup likes... if the plane starts to drop its outside wing before it flattens ease out of the right aileron a bit.

4. After it flattens out with my plane I need to release a bit of down elevator or it will pitch the nose up, balance the ailerons to keep the wings level and play with the throttle till you find the sweet spot

I actually climbed a bit last night doing it and am sure it is well within the capabilities of the aircraft to climb in this attitude. Have fun!!