Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > 3D Flying!
Reload this Page >

1/3 scale HAnger 9 cap.

Community
Search
Notices
3D Flying! Our 3D flying forum is the ultimate resource for 3D flyers. Also discuss the latest in "4D" flying!

1/3 scale HAnger 9 cap.

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2003, 01:33 AM
Turbobruce
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1/3 scale HAnger 9 cap.

I sold my BABY!! (Fiberclassics 2.6 Extra)The main reason I sold my FC was because I had all of my money in it and if I had a crash I would be out of the hobby for a while. I'm into 3d pretty heavy and that plane was just too pretty (and expensive) to crash while in a low hover. I really feel bad about losing that plane but I'm just getting to a point where I want to really start getting down on the deck. I'm hopping I will enjoy the Cap as much as I did the FC.

So i went ahead and bought a Hanger 9 cap and have a DA 100 for it. I also bought an Aeroworks extra profile with a BME 50 for it. I figure I will practice all of my low hovering on the profile and after a while I will do it with the Cap. How do you guys like the cap with the DA on it? I'm hopping that it will not fly heavy. What weight are you guys comming out with the DA? The pucker factor just got the best of me with the FC. I at least have a backup now.
Old 07-23-2003, 01:57 AM
pcm
My Feedback: (13)

I have a DA100 on my Cap also and absolutely have a blast flying it. The combination will rocket out of a hover and land tail wheel first very easily. I have never experienced any bad habbits with it yet.

I have never weighed it but it flys very light on the wing.

Good luck! You will have a blast.
Old 07-23-2003, 02:35 PM
flynbrian
My Feedback: (1)

You should not have a problem keeping it under or at 25lbs. It is built good and light and I have not found any bad habits.
Old 07-23-2003, 04:48 PM
gravityrulz
My Feedback: (2)

im under 25lbs too with a DA100. awesome flying plane. rock solid in a harrier, i do more harrier landings than normal landings. waterfalls are great, with hardly any altitude loss. liked mine so much i bought another one.
Old 07-23-2003, 05:19 PM
Pugsley-RCU
My Feedback: (15)

Default I'm....

a tad over 23 with my ZDZ powered Cap. I love it so far.

I am begining to move the CG forward a bit for IMAC flying, but as it is, it does excellent waterfalls, harriers, and walls. I just need to learn to use less control throws in a flat spin. Keeps flopping out.....

Awesome plane....

Pugs
Old 07-23-2003, 08:18 PM
Turbobruce
My Feedback: (3)

Default GREAT!!!!!!

You guys are getting all excited about this plane. Thanks for the replies so far!!!