Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > 3D Flying!
Reload this Page >

funtana fuel tank and antenna

Community
Search
Notices
3D Flying! Our 3D flying forum is the ultimate resource for 3D flyers. Also discuss the latest in "4D" flying!

funtana fuel tank and antenna

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2003, 06:50 PM
wkderf

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default funtana fuel tank and antenna

a few pointers would help. how are people mounting the fuel tank in the funtana? also, how are the recievers being kept in place next to the throttle servo? any help and pics would be a great help. last question: since the belly of the fuse is just ultracote, where are people routing their antenna and how? i would like it to run down the belly of the fuse and attach it to the tailwheel but i am not sure where to have the antenna come out of the fuse.
Old 07-24-2003, 07:13 PM
MXJP

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I ran my antenna out right behind the wing and a little to the side (through wood) and rubber band to the tail wheel.

As for the fuel tank, I glued foam to the bottom and wedged a mixing stick with more foam at the back of the tank.

So far so good.
Old 07-24-2003, 07:57 PM
hookedonrc

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

On the receiver question, I wrapped a rubber band around the small bulkhead just ahead of the servo on the receiver side. Then screwed in a smal hook at the rear in the cockpit front wall. Then stretched the rubber band over the receiver and hooked in the hook.

Secondly, on the antenna, I first drilled a hole in front of the tail wheel (about 2-3 inches) to fit the antenna through. Then took some bell wire, pushed it through the hole, then fished it up into the servo/receiver compartment. Then using electrical tape, I attached the antenna to the wire, and slowly pulled it back through the hole. Then took clear tape and taped the remaining amount along the bottom going right to the end of the fuse. (Be careful in taping the antenna to the wire, it can not be larger than the hole or you will pull it off every time. It took me a couple of tries, but I managed to get it through.
Old 07-24-2003, 07:59 PM
hookedonrc

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry, forgot to mention that the aforementioned drilled hole is in the balsa bottom just in front of the tailwheel. I did not run it through the part where there is just ultracote.

Hope this helps.