Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > 3D Electric Flying! > 3DFoamy Support
Reload this Page >

Katana instructions incorrect?

Notices
3DFoamy Support Click here to get all your 3DFoamy support questions answered.

Katana instructions incorrect?

Old 10-07-2005, 08:43 PM
FallingWithStyle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Katana instructions incorrect?

Well, I guess the Katana instructions on the CD aren't for my Katana PRO kit.

The only Katana instructions to be found on the CD say to install the siderails in step 4. Which I did with great care. I guess this is wrong for a PRO kit, because I can see right away I won't be able to slide the laminated wing into the now narrow fuse slot.

What should I do now? My wing isn't built up yet. *Maybe* I can slide in the single layer wing and add the skins after. But its going to be very tricky to keep the wing straight doing it this way. Sanding down the leading edges is going to take longer for sure since the fuse will be in the way near the root ends.

Has anybody recovered from this error? Any tips?

What instructions should I be following to build my Katana S Pro? I don't see any relevant help files on the CD but maybe I'm overlooking something...

Clark
Old 10-08-2005, 07:50 AM
FallingWithStyle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Katana instructions incorrect?

I found instructions for the PRO version of the Edge on the website and I'm using them now.

I've installed the bottom wing skins and the carbon rod. I must say the design of the wing structures is really nice.

It looks like it will be relatively easy to cut out the sections of the side rails that are blocking the wing slot. Since those sections are "floating" right now there is no glue joints to tear. It should be simple to reinstall the cutouts after the wing is in place.

I'll let you know how it goes.

Clark
Old 10-08-2005, 11:18 AM
JohnVH
My Feedback: (38)

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RE: Katana instructions incorrect?

Ok, sounds good, Ill double check the cd's to see what they have for the manual.

Thanks for the heads up.