Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > 3D Electric Flying! > 3DFoamy Support
Reload this Page >

SuperCap building problem....Help?

Community
Search
Notices
3DFoamy Support Click here to get all your 3DFoamy support questions answered.

SuperCap building problem....Help?

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2007, 11:10 PM
dpsa98

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SuperCap building problem....Help?

I'm having trouble putting this thing together. I only have the first part of the main body together (I think I have it right) now I'm trying to put together the horizontal part of the main body. I guess my first problem is I cant figure out what pieces of carbon your talking about....Im guessing the flat pieces are what I need to cut to size. It states there are 2 short cuts in the 3mm fuse core at the nose of the plane. If I am correct each of thoes cuts is about 8 1/2" long with another 1 1/2" to the tip of the plane for a total of 10" from the back of the cut to the tip of the plane. I can't see that well from the pic but it looks like I need to place a piece of the thin carbon from the back of that cut to the front of the nose. If this is correct I should need to cut 2 - 10" pieces of carbon one for each cut section. In the directions it says I need to cut 2 - 4.6" pieces of carbon for thoes cuts. that would leave 5 1/2 " of space with no carbon. Are the directions correct? If they are i appologize this is my first attempt at building one of these and I'm just not getting it then.
Please help I have everything laid out all over the table and my wifes getting pissed....just kidding shes just a little upset .
Old 05-11-2007, 11:13 PM
JohnVH
My Feedback: (38)

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RE: SuperCap building problem....Help?

Hi, yes the flat carbon goes in the nose of the side pieces. It just needs the 4.6" for some extra strength. Once its done, take the wife for dinner
Old 05-11-2007, 11:20 PM
dpsa98

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Holy Cow your fast.....I was not expecting an answer till tomorrow. I was getting ready to clear the table. Thank you I will just cut it to the specified size. If I ever get this finished and painted I will have something to be proud if (I Think)...I will post pics. Im off to Disneyland next week so pics will have to wait till I get back.

Thanks Again,
Dave
Old 05-11-2007, 11:21 PM
JohnVH
My Feedback: (38)

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

You got it Dave caught me at the right time, hehe.. Enjoy it man! I need to build myself another supercap, a buddy bought my personal one from me