Community
Search
Notices
3DFoamy Support Click here to get all your 3DFoamy support questions answered.

Elevator bonding

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2007, 03:44 PM
kenrinc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Elevator bonding

On the elevator I'm trying to get my head around how I'm supposed to glue the other side together and have them both parallel and straight. Any recommendations. You obviously cannot do it first [:@] I've already done it once but the joint seems so flimsy I could easily see this flapping in the breeze once in the air.

Thanks

Ken
Old 08-09-2007, 10:54 PM
JohnVH
My Feedback: (38)

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RE: Elevator bonding

Hi Ken, if your worried about the joint sand the carbon a tad to take the shine off it.. As for the elevator halves, if you have not put the rudder on yet, you can assemble the elevator and then intall it onto the plane by cutting a slot to slid it in. Or, eyeball it. Make a jig with wood, cardboard, etc.
Old 08-15-2007, 12:11 PM
kenrinc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ended up just making a jig out of some fiberboard. Getting those hinges is was not fun either (manual shows them put in after the elevator is put together). I am still a bit apprehensive about it though since my initial tests with the power plant installed (A20) cause quite a bit of flutter at just half throttle.

K-
Old 08-15-2007, 12:29 PM
JohnVH
My Feedback: (38)

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Ive put an A20-20L on the super and pro models, at full throttle level you will not have any problems at all. I never have.