RCU Forums - View Single Post - Blue Angel - Build
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2006, 07:20 PM
My Feedback: (17)

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Blue Angel - Build

Jon_Wold,

Thanks, glad you are interested. Take a look at this lucky guy with a Speeda http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_3531509/tm.htm

Paterguy,

Sadly, although you and a few others are jazzed about having a glass Blue Angel kit, the market for a kit is just not strong enough. For me it would most likely be easer to build a plug rather than the complex balsa fuselage but the time and effort to make the mold is too much for the few kits that might sell. I feel very fortunate that I’ll have a foam wing available to use and that others might want.

There has been a lot of discussion on RCU about the impact ARFs are having on our hobby and this is one of them. There are very few RC flyers now-a-days that have the interest or in a few cases the skills to build a kit so there is no or a limited market for them.

There is not much anyone can do about it, but for me I’d rather build a kit or build from plans because I find it easy to do and I like being able to create the exact aircraft I want. No compromises are needed in aircraft selection, fit, finish or quality!