RCU Forums - View Single Post - 46 engine comparison
View Single Post
Old 03-07-2006, 09:38 PM
sigrun

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 46 engine comparison

ORIGINAL: radioflier
I've been flying an OS .46SF off and on now for about 10 years and am wondering how it compares to the newer 46's, such as the OS 46AX.
Essentially think uprated SF. FX was noticably stronger powerwise. AX is stronger again.

Current pick of the bunch is (d) none of the above, but TT Pro 46. TT Pro has marginally less power than the AX, but IME it's the effective equivalent in every way of the FX but with a front mounted inclined N/V (desirable) all bonused by being available at a significantly lesser price.

I own good example SF, FX and TT Pro. I train guys on or test fly their AXs (&SXs) all the time every other day. Wouldn't consider buying an .46AX for myself since trying TT's Pro 46. I didn't believe it myself when I was first told. Once I tried one, I purchased another 4 over the past year. I'm now a TT Pro convert and owe an sincere apology to the person who advocated them. Brand loyalty or personal bias notwithstanding, there's simply no reason to choose O.S.' AX over TT's Pro 46. AX is a good enough engine, just from my perspective it doesn't justify the premium asked. If you've loved your SF, any of the above will satisfy you equally...and then some.