RCU Forums - View Single Post - a few novice questions.
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2006, 08:11 AM
AJ1202

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: a few novice questions.

Also the main issue with the flat wing is you can't turn it with the rudder because the plane wants to stay level and not bank. most likely the 4 channel plane has far less dehidrial than the 3 channel
Mr. Nance, ailerons are not that hard to learn to use, it is very simular to rudder steering, you will find it much smother and requires less travel to get the same result, I was worried about trying to fly ailerons but found it was actually easier because the plane turns smoother and doesn't twitch around during the turns, you do have to be carefull not to over steer so you don't create a spiral dive but if you just make nice gentle turns you can adjust to them in just a few minutes, especially if you can already control the rudder comfortably.
The part about hooking ailerons up somewhere else to fly it as a 3 channel is mearly connecting it to the rudder control, this allows you to use the ailerons instead of the rudder and still be 3 channel, if you choose to do this you need to secure your rudder so it won't move
However in your case I would not suggest doing that because it would not benifit you, that is for someone that only has 3 channel capabilities in their radio and or RX
All of my planes with ailerons are set up this way, Hope this helps