RCU Forums - View Single Post - How much more is flying RC planes as opposed to off/onroad vehicles?
Old 03-28-2006, 08:06 AM
Wide Open

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: How much more is flying RC planes as opposed to off/onroad vehicles?

ORIGINAL: gunnut

ORIGINAL: cadillac_kid28

A so-called excellent flyer at the hobby store (75 yrs. old) told me that everyone crashes. It's just a matter of when.
Well everyone crashes, it just doesn't generally happen as often as your car. You car takes abuse and is easy to hit obstructions, planes are usually flown in an open field.
haha I crash my planes all the time. Just little backyard flyers... Nothing a little glue and tape can't fix. Unless it gets stuck in a tree and sits in the rain for a week [&o]. I'm getting better at flying now, but crashes WILL happen. You're right about crashing cars more though. My stampede spends more time crashing than anything else.
just wait until your fastest airplane does 150 mph and weighs 12 pounds, than you will have a good reason not to crash! (if you want to see that airplane i just described, than go to my gallery, its called a "snoop")