RCU Forums - View Single Post - Hey im a beginner witout a plane yet and im gettig places thanks to yous guys
Old 12-12-2002, 03:24 AM
ctdahle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hey im a beginner witout a plane yet and im gettig places thanks to yous guys

Jay, I have a club trainer that I let beginners fly all the time. It has made more than 1000 flights in it's 1 year life, and has been smashed up a dozen or so times, but never beyond repair.

Actually, MOST crashed planes can be rebuilt and I usually don't retire them unless the time to repair exceeds the time it would take to build a new one. Even then, I keep all the pieces in a big box of broken airplanes, incase I feel like I need a shop project.

On the other hand, my very first plane was destroyed on it's tenth flight, more than 25 years ago (totally my fault because I had not taken proper care of it). But even so, I only destroyed the fuselage, and I still used it's engine and it's wing on plane I designed and built a few years later. I STILL have, and use the engine from it, and other parts of it crop up on my other models now and then.