RCU Forums - View Single Post - Moki 2.10 Experts Needed
View Single Post
Old 04-29-2006, 08:03 PM
Frag

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Moki 2.10 Experts Needed

I've had my new Moki 2.10 mounted up on my Carl Goldberg Yak 54 for a month or so now and today was break-in day. I expected to go out and fuel up the tank with my self mixed methanol and castor oil (80/20) and have it crank up with a few flips .
[:@]
It never even coughed, spat, hiccupped -nothing
I left all the settings at factory which should have been way rich for break-in. I filled the tank with my homebrew, got it primed by opening the throttle and covering the Brisson muffler outlets and turning the engine over until it was leaking fuel from the carb. Closed the carb down to idle and applied glow starter, gave it a bunch of flips with a chicken stick. Nothing.
Its got good compression though, I have to turn through it. Checked the glow plug. Glowed red - OS F plug. Tried it again....nothing. Maybe its the fuel I'm thinking. Suck out the homebrew and put in 5% FAI Morgans. Prime, glow starter applied, flip x20...nothing. OK....I try a different fuel....Omega 15% just to see if it'll cough or anything....nope. Tried all these fuel with a OS #3 also...nothing. Large tubing is used from clunk to carb. Glow battery is giving 1.38 Volts.

Well.....what else to check? I after trying all these combinations I tried moving the high speed from all the way out rich to almost all the way in. I moved the low speed disk very slightly rich and lean then dead on center.

The engine is mounted inverted and the tank center line is maybe just a little above the carb - it doesn't flood the carb when its just sitting there on the ground.

Any ideas would be appreciated
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ca80271.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	44.0 KB
ID:	452709