RCU Forums - View Single Post - Dual exhaust????
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2006, 05:28 PM
beelzebubishere
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Dual exhaust????

Well I did run the Tsais pipe. I borrowed one that was being used as a paper weight.
Against the stock pipe, in 3 consecutive "TIMED" 100' drags, it was approximately 0.1 second faster than a stock pipe.
HOWEVER a THS and TRINITY pipe BOTH proved to be 0.4 seconds faster than a stock pipe, OR 0.3 seconds faster than the TSais dually.
Then I ran a MODIFIED header and MODIFIED OEM muffler, it TIED the Tsais, not bad for an expenditure of $0.00, just a little time.
These tests were ALL done on the same day, over a 2 hour period, with the Stock pipe run 1st, Tsais 2nd, Trinity 3rd, and THS 4th.Modified OEM last. Outside temps were 75 F at the beginning of the test and 81 at the finish. All runs were done after an appropriate warm-up and tune for each change. The final times came from 3 run averages. As stated, it was a straight line run,standing start, on a dirt surface. Revo 2.5R, 15/38gearing.
Stock 2.9 seconds
Tsais 2.8
Trinity 2.5
THS 2.5
Modified 2.8

That's what my testing found this Spring. Hope this helps. Any doubts nowm as to why NONE of the top racers use the Tsais in competition......

ORIGINAL: versicolor

I bought the Tsais dual exhaust pipe and have been using it for awhile now. It IS a tuned, race tested and proven pipe. In spite of all of the negativity I have read about dual pipes I bought the Tsais to see for myself. I have the 3.3 engine installed in my original Revo and after puting on the dual pipe I found that it increases overall performance as compared to the stock pipe. I posted a full review on this pipe over at the Traxxas Revo forum from my personal experience using it. From what I have observed to this point nothing anyone has said is true about there not being enough back pressure, no performance increase, ruining my engine, etc. etc. That may have been true of early cheap dual pipes offered on ebay but I can confidently say that is not the case with the Tsais pipe. The sound is very cool, kind of like a swarm of bees. Not so much louder than the stock pipe but deeper with a kind of an airy whistle when you really lay into the throttle. I love it. I am not making any comparisons to any other after market pipe as I have only used stock and the Tsais. Other pipes may in fact give you more power and speed than the Tsais dual, I can't say for sure, but I can say that my Revo absolutely screams with this pipe and the performance increase over stock is clearly evident in my opinion.
How about a link to that reveiw over on Traxxas.com vericolor, I don't seem to find it. I only scrolled the first 2 pages of REVO postings, but saw nothing about the Tsais pipe, nor anything posted by versicolor......how 'bout a little help. I'm sure we'd all like to read your testing results too...