Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Dual exhaust????

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2006, 09:43 PM
det293

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dual exhaust????

I just got my Revo 3.3 on Friday and have it all broke in. I am starting to add some integy parts. While searching for parts I found dual exhaust for the revo. Anybody try it out? Worth the money?
Old 05-02-2006, 02:47 PM
Hacker Da-Cracker
Banned
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Dual exhaust????

whats it look like cuz my friend got one
Old 05-02-2006, 03:13 PM
Traxxasfreak1

I recommend the tsais dual pipe. It sounds so cool and it gave me a little better performance.
Old 05-02-2006, 03:20 PM
det293

How does the sound change? Deeper sounding?
Old 05-02-2006, 03:29 PM
Traxxasfreak1

it is deeper. Go to tsais.com and look at the TSAIS DUAL EXHAUST FOR REVO (BLACK). Thats what i have. It is so cool lokking
Old 05-02-2006, 03:31 PM
Traxxasfreak1

it is deeper. Go to tsais.com and look at the TSAIS DUAL EXHAUST FOR REVO (BLACK). Thats what i have. It is so cool lokking
Old 05-02-2006, 03:36 PM
beelzebubishere

It may "look" cool, and it may sound deep.....but it is in NO WAY maximizing the power that engine COULD be producing....
http://nitroobsession.proboards79.co...ead=1141951711
Old 05-02-2006, 09:07 PM
Nebukatnizar

I might buy myself one of these pipes: http://www.tsais.com/products/exhaus.../mt/tmaxx.html

Anyody have any info. or pro's/con's about tsais?
Old 05-02-2006, 09:22 PM
TRAXXASS

get yourself a tuned pipe that has proven performance, not just some ebay crap that looks cool, you wont regret a good pipe.
do a search, you will more than likely find more threads on this forum about which tuned pipe to use, than any other topic.
Old 05-03-2006, 04:27 PM
Nebukatnizar

Yea, i wont be buying off ebay unless i've researched the item a bit. But anybody know of any tuned pipes for a tmaxx 3.3 with a rear exhuast....like something like this..http://www.tsais.com/products/exhaus.../mt/tmaxx.html .....a pipe that comes out the back.

Cuse allthe exhuast gets on the back a-arms and other stuff and can get annoying to clean.
Old 05-03-2006, 05:02 PM
versicolor

I bought the Tsais dual exhaust pipe and have been using it for awhile now. It IS a tuned, race tested and proven pipe. In spite of all of the negativity I have read about dual pipes I bought the Tsais to see for myself. I have the 3.3 engine installed in my original Revo and after puting on the dual pipe I found that it increases overall performance as compared to the stock pipe. I posted a full review on this pipe over at the Traxxas Revo forum from my personal experience using it. From what I have observed to this point nothing anyone has said is true about there not being enough back pressure, no performance increase, ruining my engine, etc. etc. That may have been true of early cheap dual pipes offered on ebay but I can confidently say that is not the case with the Tsais pipe. The sound is very cool, kind of like a swarm of bees. Not so much louder than the stock pipe but deeper with a kind of an airy whistle when you really lay into the throttle. I love it. I am not making any comparisons to any other after market pipe as I have only used stock and the Tsais. Other pipes may in fact give you more power and speed than the Tsais dual, I can't say for sure, but I can say that my Revo absolutely screams with this pipe and the performance increase over stock is clearly evident in my opinion.
Old 05-03-2006, 05:28 PM
beelzebubishere

Well I did run the Tsais pipe. I borrowed one that was being used as a paper weight.
Against the stock pipe, in 3 consecutive "TIMED" 100' drags, it was approximately 0.1 second faster than a stock pipe.
HOWEVER a THS and TRINITY pipe BOTH proved to be 0.4 seconds faster than a stock pipe, OR 0.3 seconds faster than the TSais dually.
Then I ran a MODIFIED header and MODIFIED OEM muffler, it TIED the Tsais, not bad for an expenditure of $0.00, just a little time.
These tests were ALL done on the same day, over a 2 hour period, with the Stock pipe run 1st, Tsais 2nd, Trinity 3rd, and THS 4th.Modified OEM last. Outside temps were 75 F at the beginning of the test and 81 at the finish. All runs were done after an appropriate warm-up and tune for each change. The final times came from 3 run averages. As stated, it was a straight line run,standing start, on a dirt surface. Revo 2.5R, 15/38gearing.
Stock 2.9 seconds
Tsais 2.8
Trinity 2.5
THS 2.5
Modified 2.8

That's what my testing found this Spring. Hope this helps. Any doubts nowm as to why NONE of the top racers use the Tsais in competition......

ORIGINAL: versicolor

I bought the Tsais dual exhaust pipe and have been using it for awhile now. It IS a tuned, race tested and proven pipe. In spite of all of the negativity I have read about dual pipes I bought the Tsais to see for myself. I have the 3.3 engine installed in my original Revo and after puting on the dual pipe I found that it increases overall performance as compared to the stock pipe. I posted a full review on this pipe over at the Traxxas Revo forum from my personal experience using it. From what I have observed to this point nothing anyone has said is true about there not being enough back pressure, no performance increase, ruining my engine, etc. etc. That may have been true of early cheap dual pipes offered on ebay but I can confidently say that is not the case with the Tsais pipe. The sound is very cool, kind of like a swarm of bees. Not so much louder than the stock pipe but deeper with a kind of an airy whistle when you really lay into the throttle. I love it. I am not making any comparisons to any other after market pipe as I have only used stock and the Tsais. Other pipes may in fact give you more power and speed than the Tsais dual, I can't say for sure, but I can say that my Revo absolutely screams with this pipe and the performance increase over stock is clearly evident in my opinion.
How about a link to that reveiw over on Traxxas.com vericolor, I don't seem to find it. I only scrolled the first 2 pages of REVO postings, but saw nothing about the Tsais pipe, nor anything posted by versicolor......how 'bout a little help. I'm sure we'd all like to read your testing results too...
Old 05-03-2006, 06:41 PM
versicolor

Nice. Great job on the comparisons. That sounds like it was a fun test. My sole reasons for wanting and buying the Tsais dual was looks, sound, and performance. I don't race and I probably never will. Heck I don't even run with anyone. I just bash around at local parks, backyard etc. I love the way it looks seeing two trails of smoke shoot out the back and I love the way it feels when pulling the throttle. I was almost put off buying one because all I heard was they were junk. But after actually using it and reading the results of your testing, it is obvious to me the Tsais is far from junk. In fact from the numbers you posted it looks to be able to hold it's own up against a couple of the top pipes available. I mean, you are talking .03 seconds here. That's not much. And with that being the case, it comes down to what you want to do with your truck. If you like the looks of the Tsais dual and you don't mind spending the money then go for it.
Old 05-03-2006, 06:52 PM
oc off road

why does everyone want a dual exhaust on a single piston engine? I am with Kliff get a proven tuned pipe that will maximize performance not just look cool.
Old 05-03-2006, 06:59 PM
beelzebubishere

No, I think I'm talkin 0.3 seconds, three tenths, NOT 0.03, three HUNDRETHS as your reply indicates, need to pay a little more attention to where I put MY decimal point......and 0.3 on a single straight away of a race course, figured by 50 laps= 15 seconds, which in some cases, depending on the size of the tack, could be a lap advantage.....and we only figured ONE straight aways advantage. If 2 identical trucks were racing side by side, that 0.3 seconds would probably look more like 10-15 FEET, so I'd hardly say it can hold it's own.....

But as to LOOKS, I'll concede the point, and if I ever build a shelf Queen, it wiill have a CHROME plated Tsais dually....guaranteed. And like you say, if LOOKS are your goal....go for it!

Performance has been my thing for the last almost 40 years now.....no need it changing boats mid stream.

ORIGINAL: versicolor

Nice. Great job on the comparisons. That sounds like it was a fun test. My sole reasons for wanting and buying the Tsais dual was looks, sound, and performance. I don't race and I probably never will. Heck I don't even run with anyone. I just bash around at local parks, backyard etc. I love the way it looks seeing two trails of smoke shoot out the back and I love the way it feels when pulling the throttle. I was almost put off buying one because all I heard was they were junk. But after actually using it and reading the results of your testing, it is obvious to me the Tsais is far from junk. In fact from the numbers you posted it looks to be able to hold it's own up against a couple of the top pipes available. I mean, you are talking .03 seconds here. That's not much. And with that being the case, it comes down to what you want to do with your truck. If you like the looks of the Tsais dual and you don't mind spending the money then go for it.
Old 05-03-2006, 08:11 PM
versicolor

Wow, my bad I'll try to pay more attention. Three TENTHS of a second huh? whew. I DID pay attention to YOUR decimal point, lol. I simply typed it wrong in my reply. I still stand by my statement. Not that big of a difference. As I stated before, doesn't matter to me if it's .03 seconds or .3 seconds. I'm just a basher. Never claimed to be any thing more. My point is the Tsais dual exhaust is NOT junk nor a paper weight as i've seen posted so many times from people that have never even seen one run let alone drive a truck with one on it. I stated from the beginning that other pipes may or may not provide better performance. It doesn't matter to me because the dual exhaust in my opinion increases performance over the stock pipe I had and it has the look and feel I want. The original poster asked if it was worth it and my reply is yes, to me it is and it might be to him as well. Again, now pay attention because I posted this before, HA! it comes down to what you want to do with your truck. If you race and 0.3 makes a difference to you, then get a different pipe. If not and the dual is your bag, go for it. I'm glad I did. In the end it's just my opinion. You have yours i'll have mine. My REVIEW at traxxas, not anything resembling a test mind you, just a review and my opinions on the pipe compared to stock, can be found if you do a search for TSAIS DUAL PIPE REVIEW. I sense some hostility in your replies kliff. I'm not in any way trying to match wits with you. I think I was very clear in stating that all of this is simply from my personal experience using the pipe. It is nothing more or less than me stating my opinion on how I think it runs, looks and sounds. I could care less about laps, tenths of a second, track size whatever. I haven't debated your test results and I even complimented you on your comparison runs. Maybe you are taking my comments the wrong way. The pipe was asked about, I have one, use it everyday in my backyard and to me as a basher it is great and better than stock. Take from it what you want.
Old 05-03-2006, 08:29 PM
RCKid1992

About the exaust of the arams. Just get an exhuast deflecter. Wont affect perforrmance the least bit.
Old 05-04-2006, 06:09 AM
beelzebubishere

Cool, that's a good thing, diversification keeps our hobby alive and growing.
BTW, where is that link....and I quote,

"I posted a full review on this pipe over at the Traxxas Revo forum from my personal experience using it. From what I have observed to this point nothing anyone has said is true about there not being enough back pressure, no performance increase, ruining my engine, etc. etc. "

I'm sure more than myself would like to read it.
Old 05-04-2006, 01:54 PM
versicolor

kliff, did you read my last reply??? Now pay attention. lol Go to the traxxas forums. Click on REVO. Click on search. Type in: "TSAIS DUAL EXHAUST REVIEW". It's either exhaust or pipe can't remember. It's not difficult I promise. Have fun now.
Old 05-04-2006, 02:51 PM
beelzebubishere

I did....now it could be that I'm not a member there....or any number of other reasons, that it won't come up for me....and I know I tell a fair share of people to use the search button, but if I'm proud enough of my work to announce it on another site, I'm also polite enough to supply a link...well if it's only full of opinions, I see no further need in wasting my time.
Old 05-04-2006, 03:24 PM
versicolor

How did I know what your next post would say? Listen, you have obviously been in the hobby for a long time. It is also obvious you are very knowledgable when it comes to rc. But you have lost me with your arrogance. You could offer a world of help with your wealth of information yet you only prove yourself a hindrance because of your ignorant approach to communication. Performance may have been your thing for the last 40 years but having fun has been mine. Thats what this hobby is all about for me. Maybe somewhere along the way that escaped you. I replied to a post that asked a specific question and I felt I had some info to share. Suddenly i'm in the middle of a piss match with someone i've never met over something that is of little importance. For one reason or another you feel the need to argue a point that I have not opposed. If I offended you it was not intentionally. But for reasons beyond me it seems I have. I'm glad you would rather not waste your time reading my opinions as I didn't write it for know it all individuals who believe they are the commanding authority on everything that exists. I didn't suggest anyone look for my review at Traxxas nor did I ever claim pride in what you are calling work. I didn't write it to show off nor flaunt what I claim to think. I posted it to share what I thought with anyone that was interested. You know it all anyways so by all means, stop wasting yours and my time with this petty banter. Take care and try to lighten up.
Old 05-04-2006, 06:07 PM
Nebukatnizar

Wow

[X(]