RCU Forums - View Single Post - Flite Metal... Help!!!
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2006, 09:30 AM
bluestratos

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Flite Metal... Help!!!

I spoke with the supplier yesterday. I tried using just a light, very light mist of windex and things went much better. Layed in place, adjusted it and started spreading out with my finger, pushing the windex ahead as I went. This way the material will not start to grab ahead of its self and cause the wrinkles. The panels I did went on nicely. The other thing I learned was that you cannot just look at one panel, you will see small scratches and any other blemish. Once a few are on the small things tend to not be seen. I also learned that after the panels are on I should wet sand the entire surface with 600-800 grit wet and dry, used wet. Then you scuff or polish the metal. I tried this on a scrap placed on my glass work top and discovered that I had a lot of scratches in my glass..lol... but the sanding goes very slowly, probablay take half as long to sand it as it does to lay it on the plane.

They say to use a ruler to find the greatest contact patch but I must not be understanding this part too well. I thought it ment to look for the straightest point of contact, but that did not work on the compont piece I tried putting on dry. I will have to rethink that part.

Well, though not for the unpatient, I think I am slowly getting the hang of it.

Regards,
Randy