RCU Forums - View Single Post - What a good plane to get introduced to high speed?
Old 05-09-2006, 07:37 PM
NM2K
My Feedback: (14)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: What a good plane to get introduced to high speed?

ORIGINAL: samolot

Hi all,

I was jsut wondering, will the MAgic ARF be able to teach me how to fly at higher speeds? I would like to build a patriot XL or get the F20 from sportsman aviation, but the descriptions kind of intimidate me. After a year of flying my GP Easysport, i was trying to get a nice cheap arf to quickly get back in the air, but i dont want anything trainer like. I flown low bottom wings before and i just want a good knock-around plane. Will the magic suffice or should i get the 3d twist?

Thanks guys

Samolot

--------------

3D models flown at high speed will begin to shed parts in a hurry. They are only intended to be flown at open throttle during vertical ascents, otherwise it is flutter city.

A Phoenix Models F-20 Tigershark would be an ideal first high speed model. Install a hot .50 - .53 (Rossi .53 for $200 on eBay) and you are on your way. Yes, I have one. Save the Diamond Dust for later.

Wanna go really fast with it? Forego the landing gear and get someone to hand launch it for you.