RCU Forums - View Single Post - Recommend No.2 PARK flyers concern
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2006, 08:38 PM
byrocat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Recommend No.2 PARK flyers concern

Luke, I'm pretty sure that most municipalities in Southern Ontario have by-laws on the books that prohibit model airplanes as well as golf practice and a host of other activities that bother people one way or the other.

I'd check with your local municipality or region by-law office and verify whether or not the rule is on the books.

From personal experience, all the parks&Recreation people talk and the grapevine is extremely effective (and we're talking about twenty years ago with the incident that I know about).

Cold Creek aerobatics event got shut down by noise complaints on a weekend, and by the club meeting on Tuesday, the Mississauga P&R people were calling our club's president to get the low-down and HE hadn't heard anything until the Zone Director told him about it.
Cold Creek Conservation Area is about 75 KM from Mississauga.

As Jim said, ther are a few "darn-you-eyes, I'm going to do it" types that wind up ruining everyone else's fun long after they got bored with the hobby.

There's a great big open park at the end of the street, and a smaller one within a stone throw). I'm tempted but then the club field is 4 KM away on the other side of town.