RCU Forums - View Single Post - Monster Truck Advice
View Single Post
Old 05-12-2006, 12:00 PM
McFly505

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Monster Truck Advice

These kind of threads always make me laugh, as it usually turns into a 'my truck is better than the rest' argument.

I currently have 3 trucks. A T Maxx, E Maxx, and the MGT 4.60SE. I am a former Warhead owner as well. That being said, my experience with nitro MT's is a bit limited.

I like my T Maxx. The E Maxx is my Wife's truck and it's okay, but I i get bored with it pretty quickly. I bought the Warhead for my Daughter for her 13th birthday and had nothing but problems with it. The only credit I can give the Warhead is that it was the most stable, almost refusing to roll over in turns. Then I bought the MGT as a Warhead replacement and couldn't be happier. My daughter stays ticked off at me because when I go out to 'play', I usually grab the MGT, instead of my T Maxx. Out of the box, IMO, it has got to be one of the toughest trucks on the market. I have launched it 10 feet in the air, ran into stuff at full throttle, rolled it, slammed it into the back wall of my garage(airborn slam, full throttle launch, 8-9 feet in the air), landed on the roof way too many times to count and it comes back for more, EVERY TIME. The stock engine is super easy to tune and plenty powerful (wheelies? no problem)

Out of the box, the only changes I made were, a Venom 6v Rx pack and VFS failsafe and a fuel filter, along with the channel 4 battery mod.(move the battery connector to the channel 4 slot on the reciever-it gives 6v power to the servos)

Broken parts? 1 front bumper, 1 screw (rear tie rod) and the hex starter cup on the back of the engine came off. (over 4 gallons on it so far)

I like it so much that I'm going to get another one. I gave serious consideration to the Savage X, the Revo 3.3, and even another Warhead(heavily modified, of course). I have driven the Savage X and I do think it's a decent truck, but not any better/faster than the MGT. I think the MGT is more stable in turns, even with the stock tires.

There is my $.02

Scott