RCU Forums - View Single Post - 9ZAP PROGRAMING MADE SIMPLE????
View Single Post
Old 05-13-2006, 08:14 AM
Zeeb
My Feedback: (41)

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts
Default RE: 9ZAP PROGRAMING MADE SIMPLE????

Well I can sympathize with you...

I just went through this last November and about the third day into trying to figure out how to accomplish triple rates for my Funtana left me ready to chuck the thing I was so frustrated.

I can offer you a few tidbits, but I was not able to find any kind of aftermarket book like you can for the 9C.

The Futaba website FAQ is your friend and a great place to go after giving the manual a brief run through. Don't get too hung up on trying to understand everything completely at first, or get all your questions answered the first time through either. You'll be back to it frequently as you get to understand the radio better.

http://www.futabarc.com/faq/faq-9z.html

You'll save yourself a lot of grief if you'll memorize a few of the abbreviations right off the bat and you'll learn to recognize others as you get used to the radio. Conditions are your friend, don't be afraid to use them. When you get close on a model, copy it to a blank slot so as you continue to make changes you won't completely screw it up and not have a copy, but that's not bad advice for any radio.

Don't let it get to you like it almost did to me, ask questions here, there are some people here who know that 9Z really well.

It's a great radio and will do so many things you won't believe it. Once you get the basics figured out and can speak reasonably good Futaba acronym, it's pretty easy to setup a new model or make changes...