RCU Forums - View Single Post - 9ZAP PROGRAMING MADE SIMPLE????
View Single Post
Old 05-14-2006, 08:55 AM
LSP972
My Feedback: (13)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: 9ZAP PROGRAMING MADE SIMPLE????

As Zeeb said, what you seek is not available; except for the tuorial stek mentioned.

Don Edberg was alledgely going to do a comprehensive "how-to" for the 9Z, but I guess he never got around to it.

As Zeeb said, do not try to absorb everything at once. This is a complex radio; I've been using one for four years now and am still learning things.

Now that it is "gone" (production actually ceased in 2004), the pool of knowledgeable 9Z users is shrinking rapidly, as guys go to the newer technology. As these guys spend more time with their new radio, they will remember less about the 9Z. IOW, you need to gather as much information as you can now, while the 9Z is still relatively common. In another couple of years, only die-hard hold-outs like me will still be using the thing. I just bought another one NIB, so I basically thumbed my nose at the new technology (and scandalous pricing).

I have nothing against new technology; but the 9Z does far more than I can effectively utilize, and I've gotten very comfortable with the interface. Also, the 9Z has a good track record in terms on longevity; I'm betting that, between the two I now own, and given the twenty or so years of flying time left to me, I won't need to buy another radio... ever.

Of course, there is always a silver lining... we'll get a break from the perennial "9Z or 10X?" posts... at least until JR eventually comes out with something to challenge the 12Z and/or 14MZ.