RCU Forums - View Single Post - 4* .40 doesn't roll good help
View Single Post
Old 05-22-2006, 10:16 PM
Hobie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4* .40 doesn't roll good help

Howdy glow flyers I got a question . I graduated from a Duraplane trainer a couple weeks ago to a 4* .40 ARF . I read so many good things about it being the perfect 2nd plane good low wing trainer does better aerobatics than a trainer etc. I could do pretty good basic aerobatics with my Duraplane but I just can’t get a decent roll out of this 4* . I got a used Hanger 9 Twist last Wednesday for $20 I flew it Friday for the first time and every day since . I love the way the Twist flies and it rolls and double rolls just great . I didn’t even fly the 4* for a few days I like the Twist so much . I flew the 4* one time today and I have the same problem I can not get a decent roll out of it . So my question is what am I doing wrong ? I could roll the Duraplane real well and am doing good rolls with the Twist . Oh by the way I have a OS .46 AX on both the 4* and the Twist . I know many people have the 4* they have flown for years and still love them after flying more advanced planes . I have to say I am very disappointed with my 4* right now after reading so many good things about it and paying more for it than some other ARF’s cost . I have read RC forums and forums about other interests to know what to believe and not to believe so what is my problem here ? The 4* was my first ARF could I have set up something wrong ? Could something be wrong with it out of the box I don’t notice ? I put together the Duraplane and Twist with no problems . I know this not much to go on for anyone to help me figure this out . The only other thing I can tell you is a electric flyer watched me trying to roll the 4* today and he said when I throttled up to do a roll the plane was turning left at throttle up right before I went into the roll . Any and all advice you can give me to fix this problem will be appreciated .

Thanks
Bruce