RCU Forums - View Single Post - Fancy a FunFactor 6061 ARO chassis?
View Single Post
Old 05-25-2006, 01:16 PM
Dr Honda
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Fancy a FunFactor 6061 ARO chassis?

Hi Guys,

OK… Since we are still in the prototype stages… I can make any changes you guys may want. If the overall consensus is that fewer holes are needed… then that’s what we will do. But… I feel the extra holes will allow more people to use this chassis since it will allow for more options (like other fuel tanks) and the usage of stock parts. (like the battery box) The extra holes in the chassis will not make it any weaker with the type of alloy being used. And… it will make it a bit lighter overall. (for better performance)

As far as the bends in the sides… I will need to buy a bending break to do them. But, I’m willing to buy it if there really is enough interest in these chassis. But, I don’t think it will cure the flexing problem. The old RC10 use to have sides that were bent up, and on a hard impact it would just bend at the nose or the tail. (outside of the bends) Adding the bends will just add weight, and cost to the chassis. (more metal needed to make it happen) Lastly on the bends, or just adding width to the chassis… it will make it hard for anyone to use a narrow buggy body. (just a random thought)

My last thoughts are…

We can make multiple versions of this chassis to allow for bends, holes for different engines, etc. But that will cause the price to be higher since I will have to make CAD drawings, CNC programs, and tooling fixtures for each of the designs. I am willing to do it… but I think if we can agree to one design… it would be better for every one.

Now... I think that there should be a set of holes for a “Big block” or four-stroke. But that’s just my opinion.

If you have any ideas… post them… and we can all vote on them before I start cutting metal. (rejected prototypes still cost me)