RCU Forums - View Single Post - Nitroplanes Seawind
View Single Post
Old 05-30-2006, 09:15 PM
TooLow
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Nitroplanes Seawind

Well guys---here it is!! Well, when I opened the box from Nitro, the 'generic Seawind' was in a plane brown box!! Every plane that I have received from them has been double boxed, so they should ship anywhere, damage free. All parts were taped, foam wrapped and secured with cardboard dividers to ensure no damage. There were several things that cought my eye as I unwraped the main structure. The hull looked longer that the GP Seawind and there was more formers in the hull section then the GP. Being curious I broke open the GP Seawing spare and compared! Sure enough the GP skimped on the formers throughout the hull. The glass work on the Nitro and GP are comparable(interiors smelled the same!) With that out of the way , on to the motor pylon. THe pylon on the Nitro is bigger to accept a motor laying sideways--Cowel is larger too,and just laying a 91 four stroke in the cowl, the rockers are the only thing that needs to be cleared.--a 2 stroke would need a pitts muffler as there are no cut-outs for muffler clearance on the firewall. Another diff was the differance of stiffness in the pylon (thicker glass and formers in the tail stucture?) Servo mount for the motor was already in place. There is a provision for landing gear (included) , but not for retracts as in the GP.Wing is tube mounted and removable, but didnt get to test that out--yet! Cmparing the wings the Nitro seems to have an edge on the GB being about 3/4" wider in chord.(more wing area) The hulls on the planes differa too. The GP hull is about 2" shorter than the Nitro with the Nitro hull going back 5" more before hitting the step. The GP hull has splash chines molded into the hull edges where the Nitro one doesnt.