RCU Forums - View Single Post - Field Stand
Thread: Field Stand
View Single Post
Old 06-03-2006, 08:53 AM
aerospot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Field Stand

I had found Greg's plans last fall and purchased some poplar with intentions to build over the winter. Only after bending down to flip a prop this spring did it occurr to actually build one. I've just put the first coat of polyurathane on last night. I made some slight changes in the way the bottom tray latches in. Being a hacker at heart, I'm in the process of re-drawing them digitally with some changes to the origional design. All credits and copyrights will be added as well... Not being a great wood craftsman and lacking the kind of shop that PropWash has, it took me longer than it should of for the first one.
Building all the pieces seperately I was suprised that they all fit together so well! I'm anxious to use it.

I had envisioned a stand with a built in storage. My minds eye can see it having wheels on one set of legs to allow it to be pulled when folded. An added benefit would be to have the cradle able to hold a plane whyle folded. I could load my gear & airplane in the stand and pull it to the field. Heck, why not fashon a place to carry a small folding stool as well !?! At least I can see it in my head...
I'm sure there have been others much more talented than I who have either made modifications to this design or, something more on the lines of my above delusions. I for one would sure like to see em!

Dave