RCU Forums - View Single Post - FIRST WARBIRD - What to buy?
View Single Post
Old 06-04-2006, 08:04 PM
CorsairJock
My Feedback: (90)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: FIRST WARBIRD - What to buy?

I too would recommend a Hangar 9 warbird. They are built light, and are easy to fly. As for scale authenticity, I think they do a good job. In fact, their Corsair has more accurate profile than the Top Flite .60 size version (IF built according to plans).

As for engine choise in the 1.20~ 1.25 range tho, I strongly disagree. By all acoounts and magaizine reviews: the Saito 1.00 provides MORE than enough power for any of their '.60' size warbirds. In addition, there have been reports of firewall failures on the Hangar 9 warbirds: the firewall literally rips itself from the fuselage. In one case, it was reported that such an incident occured with a Saito 1.50 mounted to an AT-6. Sounds insane to me, unless the pilot is more interested in 3D performance than anything resembling scale flight.
I have a Saito .91 on my Corsair, and it provides all the power I need. I can understand those that want a little more, and opt for the 1.00, but anything bigger than that is a waste of money while adding weight, IMO.