RCU Forums - View Single Post - Koveral Appication
View Single Post
Old 06-06-2006, 04:16 PM
Michel

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Koveral Appication

Hi Guys
Doing the tail end , do I asemble the rudder and elevator be for I do the covering . Or do I cover and than asemble , and if I do them seperatly how do I join them , do I have to remove the covering to glue them with epoxy ? These are thigs I need to know before I start covering . I will be adding wire to my LT-40 , as Jim Trainer did his LT-40 looked great . Does dope stick to epoxy ? , I need to cover up the open bay areas on the LT-40 . I haven t decided yet if I m going with the Stis-it or with the nitarat dope first , The only qustion I have is when and how do I assembe the tail section and than I can get started . It will be finished with a polyurathan car finish . My next plane will be finished in dope paint in a spray can ( I don t know if this is a good idea ) .

The idea of the nitrate dope and thinner I liked a lot . I m sure that I will like this method , is there any part of this method that I need a heat gun or iron .to shrink the Koveral in between the bays or does the nitrate do it all by itself .

Yel 914
JLKONN
Andy
Jim Trainer
Raineday
and Cubnut

Thanks To You All

Mike Support Our Troops