RCU Forums - View Single Post - Extra 260 27% Hangar 9er
View Single Post
Old 06-07-2006, 10:09 PM
shag555

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Extra 260 27% Hangar 9er

I had a similar problem in a set of Hitec servos in a 40 sized electric... I tried everything I could imagine to figure out what was wrong... Incompatibility with Futaba, etc. It turned out that both aileron servos had the wiring pinched and broke the leads where I pushed them through the aileron servo holes.

2ndly... I have 5645's in my 260... Prior to my maiden with this plane... I decided to do some taxiing around to see how it ground handled... Damn good thing too, as one of the aileron servos came apart on the circuit board (of the servo), shorted out, and immediately drained my battery to NIL!!! This happened while turning around in one of these high speed taxi runs (fortunately). Otherwise, I wouldn't be flying this plane right now! Hitec replaced the servo free of charge, but it cost me one month of flying (that's the real bummer).

Unless you stick these things on a programmer, you may never know what's going on with them... You may want to try turning them out both ways to full servo throw (disconnected from any push rod assy). Supposedly, the older 5645's will reset by doing so.

MPB