RCU Forums - View Single Post - CMPro/Chief/GSP 72.5 Extra 300s Build thread
Old 06-11-2006, 04:30 PM
andyjayh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: CMPro/Chief/GSP 72.5 Extra 300s Build thread

Looking nice

Well got mine back down the strip today after my repairs. All went well and it flew just as well as before, some re trimming but apart from that it was good to fly again. My BCM pitts exhaust was a bit barky as the pipes got slightly bent and pulled out after the mishap last week [] Should of had a new one by now but Just Engines decided to send me the wrong one [>:]

Some points to note that I have found along the way. Firstly she is a heavy ol' girl so try and keep the weight down as much as possible. Weighed mine today and she was tipping the scales at 12lbs. More importantly though is the covering on the wings. First couple of flights and the red covering was coming off So I have now run fuel proof across all of the joins off the covering. Also the CofG seems fairly 'safe'. I have been moving mine back slowly using the invert as a guage. Not sure how far back it is but I removed 20g from the front and it was still needing a bit of down in the invert.

Lastly the standard wheels are very bouncy. Unless you touch down very very lightly the model can be back up in air very quickly

On the whole I have enjoyed the model so far, can't wait for more stick time

Andy