RCU Forums - View Single Post - Stay tuned, Extreme Aircraft Extra 300 on the way
Old 06-13-2006, 12:54 PM
Ramz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Stay tuned, Extreme Aircraft Extra 300 on the way

ORIGINAL: ICE_MAN

Welp she flies!!! After multiple range checks and taxi practice I eased the throttle up and of she came. Needed 1 click of up trim for straight and level. Flew it around several circuits and started approaches. Then the talked me through one that was perfect so I set her down. And that was all I could handle for one day! But I got my first GS flight in!
Congrats on the maiden! My EA Extra was my first gasser as well and i was kinda nervous when i test flew mine. The motor was super rich (Brand new DA100) and it was quite nose heavy, but all went well and it's still in one piece with no structural issues 35 flights later...knock on wood. I am having a problem with my covering peeling off though, even after going over the entire thing with an iron...apparently i didn't put enough heat into it the first time. Do you have any problems with your covering peeling off? My wheels also seized to my axles so i had to take the wheel off, clean the axle and put some grease on it.