RCU Forums - View Single Post - Stay tuned, Extreme Aircraft Extra 300 on the way
Old 06-13-2006, 09:20 PM
ICE_MAN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Stay tuned, Extreme Aircraft Extra 300 on the way

Hey guys,

I put 5 more flights on my new Extra 300L this evening! I finally tried some stuf with it. Since it's maiden was only Sunday at mayfield, today made my 2-6th flights. On the first flight, I got up there, then tried a roll. WOW insanely axial and it stopped when I told it to. So having gained a little more confidence, I took it up and did a hammerhead, vertical is easily unlimited at 1/2 throttle! And hammerheads whip around on high rate rudder enough to turn back into it's original path!. The next flight I did he stall test, Idle, full up on high rate. Mushed along for some time, then starts sinking slowly, so I added aileron and rudder to the mix, and voi-la, spin! I flew is some more, and did snaps, spins, 4 point rolls(beautiful, no correction necessary for a faster one!) and some other things like knife edge. I found I can cruise around at 0-1/2 throttle, with occasional bursts t full for 15 minutes, and still have well over 1/2 tank left. Still working on landings, Hard to get used to the distance and speed! Plus it just wants to keep flying! I did get it down on my first try midfield on my last flight. Anywho, I'm excited! Had to tall someone!! Here's a few pictures!

My Camera Cannot Zoom enough to get good pics beyond the width of the runway[:'(]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Zx70640.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	100.6 KB
ID:	477345   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lj22606.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	37.8 KB
ID:	477346   Click image for larger version

Name:	Av67914.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	33.2 KB