RCU Forums - View Single Post - Leak/Stall
Thread: Leak/Stall
View Single Post
Old 06-18-2006, 03:03 AM
lowblktaco

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Leak/Stall

Well I successfully broke my Vulcan Se in. There are a couple of issues I am having. Something is leaking bad. The leaked gas/oil ended up in my steering servo and caused it to strip a few teeth and I lost steering to the left. I replaced both servos, stoned the faces of the exhuast outlet and tightened everything up snug. I ran today for several tanks and to my dismay, there is still a pretty good leak. A part of me thinks the leak is coming from where the pipe is held to the header with four springs, but I am not sure. What are my options to fixing this leak? I understand I need to find the leak first.
Also, I am having a bear of a time tuning this thing. I am by no means expert to tuning as all I have ever run is my Revo 3.3. I can get it running around 230-350, but after a high speed pass and then a turn/brake, a full throttle acceleration is not possible. The motor will sputter and stall. Actually any mid-throttle pass to a brake, followed by a full throttle take off will stall the motor. I found that to keep it running, I ease up on the throttle gently.
Also, as the tank gets below half way, it starts running much hotter. It was not uncommon to pull temps of 290 plus during this time.
What are some good starting points for my needles? Both are so sensitive I find myself bouncing all over the place.
I just want to have some fun with this car and not constantly tune or clean the gas/oil leaks up.
Any help would be great.