RCU Forums - View Single Post - Aerotech P51, Husky Challenger gas engine and missing throttle arm
Old 06-29-2006, 01:00 PM
ww2birds
My Feedback: (14)

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: Aerotech P51, Husky Challenger gas engine and missing throttle arm

Bill,

I have one of these engines (beautifully made, BTW). I obtained it in an Aerotech P51 (direct from Wayne S), so it had the throttle linkage all installed, including the bellcrank that goes to the advance that's built-in to the front of the engine. Pretty similar to the mech advance engines e.g. the Brisons.

I am not able to take a pic of this till this evening, but can do it then, and post it for you.

It's out of the plane, since I am installing a ZDZ80... but that's another story. Did do some runs on the Husky Challenger and it really is a nice motor, smooth, easy starting, etc .. but in my opinion, not enough juice for the (relatively heavy) P51. It will fly it "scale" for sure, but I wanted a little more power. Call me a road hog :-) The only downside is the cyl head of the '80 will stick out the bottom of the cowl about 3/8" where the Husky was totally enclosed.

As I recall, the throttle arm is just the usual retrofit of a 5/32" nosegear steering arm that many people (including me) put on the Tillotsons and Walbros.

Dave