RCU Forums - View Single Post - please help me pick my first truck, and im serious!
Old 07-04-2006, 04:33 AM
HerrSavage

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: please help me pick my first truck, and im serious!

I don't know much about TNX's, but I think they're more for racing. For bashing around and having fun, definitely go Savage or MGT.

If you can find one, I'm sure you can still get a Savage 25 cheap. Only my opinion - just to be clear.. - but I still think it's got to be the best out of the box MT ever. Had a friend over from the States who wanted to see it run, and I didn't think it would start, and the diffs might be bad, etc.,, - but man it started right up and freakin' RIPPED all over the place - bone stock. Was wheelying even.. My amazement at the damn thing just never seems to end - amazement at how reliable, durable, and tough it is.. IT JUST KEEPS GOING - and I've never touched the needles or anything.

So some guys with Revos and LST2's will probably yell at me for not having had those trucks, but I doubt any of them have gone three gallons bone-ass-stock with no problems(other than a OWB after the second gallon.., but that was an easy fix and is just so neglible it's not worth mentioning - but now that I have I could also point out that some have said it probably crapped out cuz it's always been set too rich..)

And if you can find a Savage LE for $400, well, you just can't find something better than that.. Pounce on it and don't look back.

I'm being open about not knowing all THAT much - but really, with the MGT or Savage 25 (or LE), you simply CAN'T go wrong. Just take the leap and get one..