RCU Forums - View Single Post - New RC for Kid
View Single Post
Old 07-07-2006, 05:03 PM
discgolfer72

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: New RC for Kid

ORIGINAL: Eman77

ORIGINAL: chuckles2000

Thanks for the replies, guys. Does it change anything if I say there isn't a hobby shop within 2 hours drive? Yes, that's right, we have a great track and a fairly active RC club, but no store.

Is the T3 a good basher? Speed is very far down on my list of priorities. Durability and ease of use/fix are tops.

Oh yeah...also, he's not thrilled with the stadium truck body types. He likes the monster trucks and buggies a lot more...
I don't have a hobby shop worth a doo-doo anywhere near me, so I order stuff online. Tower Hobbies shipping cost sucks, but I don't have much choice. I think the key is that if you don't get a new truck/buggy (or even if you do), be sure you can find parts online easily.

For example, the vintage RC-10 that I got is easy for parts, since Team Associated supports them you can go to their site and find nearly anything for new and old (15+ years!) cars. Their commerce web interface sucks, but oh well.

Hey - if he likes monster trucks, get him a Lunchbox!

i second that
if u want somthing he can drive into a brick wall at 40 and break nothing go for the rc10t they are great training cars(and can be upgraded easily as he learns to drive ) and can be gotten for under 70$ rtr
check out here

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_39...tm.htm#4473953

the traxxas cars are great bashers but the suspension stinks and require quite a bit of upgradeing to handel the really rough stuff
aslo they use a plastic motor mount that makes motor adj hard and aventually impossible