RCU Forums - View Single Post - Sig Fazer with SFG
View Single Post
Old 07-15-2006, 05:51 PM
patternman
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sig Fazer with SFG

The Sig Fazer was my second plane 6-7 years ago, and it has never crashed! I have had a U Can Do and a Twist. An aileron hinge failed in flight sending the U Can Do down in several pieces as the wing ripped out of the fuse. Best mid-air explosion I have ever seen. We were showered by balsa! It lasted less than one season

Broke a fuse on a hard landing with the Twist. It lasted about three flights

The Fazer is used all the time, because it is so predictable and I am "one with the plane", I know it so well. I settled with an o.s. SX .50 ringed with stock muffler. Purrs like a kitten until you open her up. With the APC 11.5 X 4 prop, it takes off vertical and accelerates out out sight. It will do almost anything, but I have taken the time to balance and work on control throws. No mixing though, you can fly out the peculiarities.

Only weak area was knife edge. I added fuse side between cockpit and tail and it helped, but I had been reading about Side Force Generators (SGF) and decided to add them. I am a builder. It flew great before, now knife edge loops no problem. Flat turns look weird and tight, Knife edge at slow speeds, and overall tightness in tracking. Really a great addition.

Anyone interested in seeing building pictures? Same principles could be used for other planes.
[img][/img]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Lj24050.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	146.1 KB
ID:	491864