RCU Forums - View Single Post - Stay tuned, Extreme Aircraft Extra 300 on the way
Old 07-17-2006, 12:26 AM
ICE_MAN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Stay tuned, Extreme Aircraft Extra 300 on the way

Ok guys. 50 Flights on the Extra Now. Super happy with it, almost no KE coupling, not enough to try and mix out! Flies awesome IMAC and 3D. Good Rollers, and very stable stall! Nice walls and parchutes, HA KE is a thing of beauty, and my new favorite manuever is a high speed KE snap to KE, then snap to level. Anywho, I do have one complaint. It rocks bad in a harrier. Bad enough that it takes ailerons and rudder to correct and you'd better be on your toes. Maybe it has a slightly nose heavy CG? Also flat spins are fairly flat but a little nose down, farther supporting my theory. It's fine inverted cause that huge rudder has clean air.

BTW if anyone was interested, te 106 Comp is insane! I have like 4 gallons through it and it's insane! The prop is a NX G3 28X10 and the 106 rips is on the ground and it's insanely loud in the air! I tried a friends MENZS 27X10 but I didn't like it. The NX pulls like a tractor and it was really hard to get used to the MENZ. The throttle was a little quicker responding, but I had to mantain higher RPMS for the same effect. You guys really need to try out the NX G3 series. Beautiful props.

I think the plane will be in ST Louis in September (16th and 17th I think) If any one wants a hand at the sticks. And I know for sure it will be In Louisvile this friday and Saturday. I don't know that I'll get to fly since I'm there for a "Make a Wish Foundation Convention" but maybe we can try to get to a close field if anyone knows of any